why is gamecube shizz so expensive?

Author Topic: why is gamecube shizz so expensive?  (Read 1069 times)

i was online and i noticed how expensive gamecube games are nowadays. we had a gamecube growing up and still have most of the big titles somewhere at my old house. a lot of the games we had are going for above $80 each now, wtf causes them to shoot that high up in price?

Same reason classic cars go up in price, they may be old but supply is limited and there is a market

It's just the collectors market catching up with games. At this point, Gamecube games are collectable and 'retro'.
The prices will not go back down unless the games are remade or remastered.

That being said: now is a good time to get your hands on Wii games before that generation becomes collectable too.

uk store cex uses ebay prices so rarer games are so expensive

symphony of the night on ps1 is £195 for normal boxed, 280 for mint, limited edition with artbook and ost for 350

someone just traded in gotcha force to my local one and its £68

also frogger beyond is £180 and it might not even have the manual

More demand and limited supply. In other words more people are interested in GameCube stuff today than people that actually bought it back then.

For ex. nobody bought FE: Path of Radiance back then cause the series was pretty small and niche in the west. Now the fandom exploded with recent entries and now all these new fans want to play the old games. Problem is that now there's more people who want to play the game than copies of the game that actually exist. The previous holders of the old copy aren't going to let their game go as easily knowing that fact, hence the high price.

i was online and i noticed how expensive gamecube games are nowadays. we had a gamecube growing up and still have most of the big titles somewhere at my old house. a lot of the games we had are going for above $80 each now, wtf causes them to shoot that high up in price?
games from an obsolete console, 80 dollars, good one, bob!

people are realising the gamecube had so many good games that people ignored

people are realising the gamecube had so many good games that people ignored
Yeah its become such a cult system over time. Also the fact that there's very little remasters/Virtual Console releases contribute to that.

At least on the PS2/Xbox there's been remasters/HD collections, remakes, sold digitally, and with back compat support over time so you can still play those games officially on modern consoles. Also helps that the PS2 & its exclusives sold like hot cakes and the og Xbox exclusives are less popular overall.

If you think that's high you should check out the hardware. People will sell GC controllers for $50 and above. With smash controllers coming back soon that price will drop, but give another year and production will end for the 2nd generation of controllers and they will likely skyrocket again.

feel like an idiot for selling all my games to gamestop but I saved super smash bros melee and I feel like that's going to sell for a fortune in about 10 years

i have a good collection of gamecube stuff

101 games
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/community/snot2/games/owned?platform=99

wavebird and gameboy player

just need that broadband adapter for PSO