Guard bot AI.

Author Topic: Guard bot AI.  (Read 1186 times)

I'm trying to make guard bots patrol the area.

Right now bots are only hostile if they spawn hostile or you physically attack the bot first.

But I want the bot to also become hostile whenever a player attacks another player. And I want to make sure the bot only attacks the attacker so the person who is defending himself doesn't get killed by the bot too as long as he doesn't attack the other player back.

Also maybe an event to set a bot hostile to a specific player that touches or activates an event.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 10:39:54 PM by King Tøny »

why don't you ask us to just make the whole gamemode for you instead of a topic per every feature

why don't you ask us to just make the whole gamemode for you instead of a topic per every feature

I just need a simple event that makes guards hostile when players attack other players.

This isn't a gamemode exclusive feature, everyone can benefit from it.

This event should have been in this game since V9. It's 2018 now and it's still not in the game.

I'm just putting ideas out there for people who may be interested in.

Your crimes have been reported!

Your crimes have been reported!

Yup.

I'm looking for those kinda bot AI.

idk man, i think you need some custom events for that, or literally torque engine n stuffty pathfinding for the AI does not work; not possible

set neutral bots on the same neutral team

set neutral bots on the same neutral team

I tried that, doesn't work.

If you attack a bot on the same team as another bot the other bot doesn't go hostile.

probably can be made, but would probably be hard to make

I tried that, doesn't work.

If you attack a bot on the same team as another bot the other bot doesn't go hostile.

pretty sure that it does work last time I tried it

pretty sure that it does work last time I tried it

Doesn't seem to work for me.

Make a package w. a function that checks if a player damages another player, do a container search looking for Guard bot type, if raycast from guard to attacker hits attacker, there is a direct line of sight and guard should now engage attacking player.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2018, 03:25:37 AM by Quartz »