Made a beginners guide on Steam

Author Topic: Made a beginners guide on Steam  (Read 1352 times)

« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 02:39:19 PM by Quartz »

get rid of the instruments tab because instruments isn't essential

get rid of the instruments tab because instruments isn't essential
I've experienced countless new players bugging others about "how 2 install instament".
There's no Steam Guide on Instruments anyway.

you should also do a basic events tutorial, that is what I had most trouble with when I first got the game

Advise the reader to get the New Duplicator

stop advising the reader to get addons

advise the reader to get more addons but not too many

you should also do a basic events tutorial, that is what I had most trouble with when I first got the game
I'll look into this.

woah why

mods are like, the life of this game

woah why

mods are like, the life of this game
imo because addons shouldn't be a mandated "you MUST get this" thing, especially not useless stuff like instruments

imo because addons shouldn't be a mandated "you MUST get this" thing, especially not useless stuff like instruments
oh sure. tho tbh the game should absolutely have a built-in mod manager/browser and any mod that can provide that seems like a great thing to suggest people to get, cus otherwise they may not even realize there are mods out there

add-ons like fillcan and new duplicator are one-step-below-mandatory QOL mods that everyone should have.  maybe not instruments, but he chose to include them because they're popular, fun and have a high demand from people who want to know how to install them.

this game is made by add-ons.  you'd be doing it a disservice to not include ones that make building and designing in this game far more user-friendly and fun.

never used instruments before but i've seen them in action. that's kind of just your personal opinion that people should get instruments, there's no objective reason for why they need it.