worth it to get a PS4 Pro without a 4K TV?

Author Topic: worth it to get a PS4 Pro without a 4K TV?  (Read 1284 times)

i've been thinking about getting either a Ps4 or a Ps4 pro for a while now, the PS4 exclusives look hella cool. i'm trying to decide if it's worth it or not to get the pro, which I would use on my 25" 1080p monitor. the performance bump sounds nice, as does the higher fps thing. it would also be nice to be future proofed for a while

it's hard to tell if it's worth the $100 bump though, cause i'd also need to buy games for it and that would be expensivee

anyone have any experience in this regard, or thoughts on ps4 vs ps4 pro?

but xbox has halo, which clearly is the greatest game of all time.

Consoles aren't worth it anymore, think about it you're shelling out for a $500 box you'll use for a few games before it gathers dust or downgrades to just being a blu ray player.

why have a ps4 when halo and ryse son of rome exist

Consoles aren't worth it anymore, think about it you're shelling out for a $500 box you'll use for a few games before it gathers dust or downgrades to just being a blu ray player.

Just get a normal PS4.

It's much cheaper and almost every PS4 game runs at 1080p with decent/Good AA, so it'll look good on your monitor. A supersampled game on that monitor would have a negligible difference to how it looks normally

FPS wise differences aren't drastic enough to warrant an extra $100 imo. The Pro only upgraded the GPU when the main cause of FPS drops was the CPU. Any improvements to framerate are more of a bonus and not the main reason to get one.

This applies more so to the Xbox. The PS4 at least has numerous good exclusive titles and a base PS4 is pretty cheap. My friend got one brand new for $200 a while ago for example.

oh yeah if you wanna play fortnite definitely dont do it on a ps4 honestly, lags like stuff framerate wise

oh yeah if you wanna play fortnite definitely dont do it on a ps4 honestly, lags like stuff framerate wise
most of the reason people don't play fortnite on the ps4 is because sony irreversibly locks your riot account on any other platform.  i've found it runs pretty smoothly on my ps4 and it isn't pro or anything

idk the forget you talkin about it runs at 60fps

at least in my experiences, for example if you open a chest it would lag for like 2 seconds and when you died it would freeze for 5

get a ps vita

yea get the console that won't even have physical copies for sale in less than a year

just get a regular one. pro isn't worth it when you don't have the right TV for it.
there's a lot of nice exclusives and other good games on PS4 worth buying and playing, despite my love for PC gaming
plus that new spider-man game came out and it looks gucci