How come ephialtes didn't just give rtb to someone else? Lol

Author Topic: How come ephialtes didn't just give rtb to someone else? Lol  (Read 2958 times)

First of all RTB wasn't even ephialtes idea originally.

RTB 1.45 was made entirely by someone else.

So ephialtes stole the name and used it for his service.

With that being said. Ephialtes could have just given it to someone else. He didn't have to sperg out like he did. Very unprofessional for a guy trying to claim he is professional.

He could have even just given it to badspot.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 09:01:59 AM by King Tøny »

to who?
badspot would've denied the offer or even if he didn't, he would've abandoned it by now

Ephi was a pretentious basterd who thought he was better than everyone. It should surprise no one that he acted with the 'If i cant have it no one can' mentality

to who?

Plenty of people would have been suitable enough for it.

give it to me ill make sure to take care of it properly :)

Ephi was a pretentious basterd who thought he was better than everyone. It should surprise no one that he acted with the 'If i cant have it no one can' mentality

this

it's no wonder he's buddies with furdle lmao

Plenty of people would have been suitable enough for it.
no different than half the community's imo

brother made the best blockland addon hosting service and dipped

I think I've posted on the subject of RTB and Steam. Essentially RTB would continue as usual and if certain aspects of RTB are made obsolete by Steam then I'd continue improving the parts that Steam doesn't do so well with regards to Blockland specifically. If Steam replaces all of RTB's functionality really well then I'd just archive all of RTB's files and shut 'er down.

Anyway I've got no intention of shutting RTB down (ignoring what comes of Steam Greenlight), the hosting costs are so insignificant I'll happily keep it running long after I'm gone or offer Badspot the possibility of hosting it himself.
So now that Blockland has been successfully launched on Steam it does have a couple of implications for RTB. The most obvious of those being that Steam offers some viable alternatives to RTB's chat and add-on hosting - that being Steam chat and Workshop.

I'll start by saying that RTB will continue development however following a brief discussion with Badspot we're going to be looking to develop RTB in an official capacity (meaning it's officially endorsed by Blockland and may even be offered as a DLC on the store page depending on how things play out). This does mean RTB will possibly be getting a name change or the "return to blockland" bit will just be dropped so we have a meaningless RTB acronym. More information on all of that later.
RTB's always been about furthering my own skills and knowledge and featured prominently on my resume when I applied for my first job (and it's probably why I got it). It got to the point a while ago that RTB no longer did that for me but I continued because I enjoyed the game/community and it provided a lot of useful services that were clearly needed - plus I saw an opportunity to have my work exposed to a much larger userbase via Steam.

However in my opinion the Steam launch was underwhelming, badly co-ordinated and still has a number of non-trivial problems that haven't been resolved a month and a half or so later. Honestly I expected game development to be taken a bit more seriously given the potential for a much wider audience but it's just not materialised and I got bored of putting more effort into the game than the guys who make it. I offered to develop community features and services for free as an official part of Blockland but there wasn't much interest or follow-up on that.

I remember when ephialtes purposely had RTB hud enabled by shift + Tab by default. Which conflicts steam on purpose.

He was always a huge aspergers friend

I remember when ephialtes purposely had RTB hud enabled by shift + Tab by default. Which conflicts steam on purpose.
I could've sworn it was always like that before Badspot even attempted putting Blockland on Steam.

I could've sworn it was always like that before Badspot even attempted putting Blockland on Steam.
yeah but a lot of people had blockland to launch thru steam so the overlay was available