explain transgender/love change stuff 2 me pls (mainly love change operations)

Poll

a

5 (55.6%)
4 (44.4%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: explain transgender/love change stuff 2 me pls (mainly love change operations)  (Read 8133 times)

edit: ik not all trans ppl get operations but in this thread im primarily focusing on those that do

ok i really really really dont wanna sound mean or aggresive or anything so bare with me on this

so i was reading a post from an person i follow and they said to not call trans people by their old name (like if someone goes male > female and their birth name is tyler, but they wanna be called veronica now) because it could cause them discomfort or dysphoria (which is unease or unsatisfaction with life) and i had 2 thoughts on this:

1: okay, thats fair enough. everyone deserves respect

2: maybe they feel unsatisfied with life or uneasy because it reminds them that they arent really male/female, and that they are chasing something that will never be 100% authentic? (kinda sounds aggresive ik :c )

so i was thinking, what should ppl who feel trapped in the wrong body do? one side of me says that if a guy is feminine or a girl masiculine, thats fine. they can just be a feminine guy/masculine girl and thats that, no need for a surgery or anything serious. Another part of me however remembers reading that going though with the switch is the healthiest treatment for being trans, so i guess thats that? but if it causes them to go into insta sad mode anytime someone brings up the truth, maybe it isnt so great? like maybe its better to just accept the love u were born as and grow from it, but maybe trans ppl just cant? this is all coming from someone who has no idea what its like to feel trapped in the wrong body so idk.

another thought i had about it was that it kinda reminds me of ppl who spend tons of money on plastic surgery, chasing some perfect image they imagine themselves as, unable to accept they way they look instead. they damage their natural, valuable, healthy and functioning body to look and feel better about themselves, but if they just learned to accept reality then they'd be better off is that im getting at. just seems kinda... wrong? unhealthy? idk cuz again i read a study that said that the most healthy treatment is to just go thru with it so maybe im wrong but in my own opinion, a life where u accept what u are and keep it that way sounds a lot more enjoyable than changing it and sacrificing the valuables that it came with.

again i dont mean to be rude or anything and if ur trans then i dont think any less of u because of it, the thought of disrespecting someone who's just trying to exist happily genuinely disgusts me but this conumdrum has been bugging me for like the whole week :P
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 05:24:08 AM by Blockomaniac »

[note: i'm keeping things generic cus the OP talks about related topics other than just gender identity so i figure it'd be appropriate if i do the same. also, i can't adequately state these things because it's not something i have a lot of experience with, so i won't speak over others who do, but from listening this is what i hear]
a good thing to note is that dysphoria isn't the only angle here, euphoria is also an incredibly important component. feeling more comfortable looking one way or presenting one way doesn't mean you necessarily have to hate the alternative, and hating the alternative isn't necessarily the only motivator to changing your presentation. this is also why you don't have to necessarily be dysphoric to be trans; if you just really like presenting differently, that's totally valid.

with that in mind, it makes perfect sense that people would feel better. why accept things the way they are when something so much more comfortable and enjoyable is within your grasp?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 04:26:24 AM by otto-san »

this is the worst place in the entire world to ask this kind of question.

chasing something that will never be 100% authentic?
who the forget are you to say this? this is projecting dude, you don't know if that's how someone else feels about it.
i don't think you understand that for a while now at least MtF surgery has been 1:1.

i also do not think you understand that loads of transgender people do not go for surgery, and are completely fine with that.
listen man a lot of what you wrote is you projecting your own feelings about it on other people. ultimately what transgender people do is because it is what makes them feel comfortable in their body. love change or not, topsurgery or not.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 04:43:53 AM by hootaloo »

who the forget are you to say this? this is projecting dude, you don't know if that's how someone else feels about it.
i guess thats true, the reason i thought they felt this was about it was cuz of the original statement, about trans ppl feeling unsatisfied with life cuz of their original name being used, so i assumed they felt this way because its a reminder of what they were previously, i was assuming that they didn't think it was authentic deep down :P
they could be feeling uneasy or unsatisfied simply cuz ppl arent respecting their wishes
i also do not think you understand that loads of transgender people do not go for surgery, and are completely fine with that.
i know that, im just focusing on the ones that do, but i could have clarified that more, will do that

i don't think you understand that for a while now at least MtF surgery has been 1:1.
what do u mean? like, can mtf people function like someone who was born female? might be a stupid question but o well, so long as i learn something its worth it

this is the worst place in the entire world to ask this kind of question.
so long as i get even a handful of serious replies then im satisfied, im sure theres enough people for at least that
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 05:23:03 AM by Blockomaniac »

why so aggressive? he obviously doesn't know much of the subject that's why he's asking lol

what do u mean? like, can mtf people function like someone who was born female? might be a stupid question but o well, so long as i learn something its worth it
im actually interested in this too. i know the process of gential reconstuction but from the surgeries ive seen i don't believe ive ever seen a 1:1 reconstruction, let alone 1:1 functioning reconstruction. afaik after surgery genital dilation is a process that has to be maintained daily for a very long time and if not done properly can cause the surgery to heal improperly and cause a whole slew of problems

why am I not surprised that transgender posters show random hostility over the matter. it's almost as if... y'all got no personality and gotta fill that void with your gender identity so any discussion about gender is an attempt on your very existence

It's obvious op simply seeks education on the matter, he's not insecure or anything and any assumptions he have can easily be dispelled in a calm respectful manner

In case you didn't notice I'm incredibly sensible. I have no unique characteristics so I validate my existence by stuffting on random people who make changes to their body. Being sensible is who I am, I want you all to know that. If you have any problem with me, you are a DIRTY forgetIN transmission
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 09:42:36 AM by thegoodperry »

no its because yall are rlly nasty about this topic and i hate seeing these threads come up lol

In case you didn't notice I'm incredibly sensible
example

edit: nice edit -_______-

no its because yall are rlly nasty about this topic and i hate seeing these threads come up lol
o_o

That's a good reason. Its also why I beat up random white men in the street. White people can be pretty nasty sometimes, gotta play it safe and strike every Caucasian male before they put me in chains again. Sure some of them are probably okay, and maybe the guy I punched this morning actually supported blm... but I can't take chances in this day and age!

no its because yall are rlly nasty about this topic and i hate seeing these threads come up

everyone in this thread up until thegoodperry appears to be calm and respectful to me what lol

why didnt u just... dm the person who posted it instead of coming to this cispool.

listen man a lot of what you wrote is you projecting your own feelings about it on other people. ultimately what transgender people do is because it is what makes them feel comfortable in their body. love change or not, topsurgery or not.
You're the only one here being genuinely nasty, perry is just loving around and everyone else (aside from you) are being more than reasonable

You're the only one here being genuinely nasty,
true except for in every other case with lgbt threads, there are people being rlly loving nasty towards lgbt users/people just to be edgy

true except for in every other case with lgbt threads, there are people being rlly loving nasty towards lgbt users/people just to be edgy
ok and

this thread is perfectly fine and the OP is one of the most wholesome posters in the forum lol