Author Topic: About the max size/length of ogg music for use in Blockland  (Read 1183 times)

/title

i still don't really know what is the max size and length of a song to be used inside blockland, also counting for the fact the file must be .ogg and also mono instead of stereo

back when i made loops, i usually had to edit to under 30 seconds, but apparently, when i played the now defunct pecon's boss battles server, there were songs that were over 30 seconds in length, so it's probably the max size of the file, but i have no idea of the max size.

the size is not based on audio length, but actual data size.
for the record, the limit is 1024 kilobytes (1 megabyte).

you can reduce the filesize for a given loop by lowering its hertz rate. i've found from years of looping music that 32,000 hertz is the ideal quality rate for music loops in blockland. any value above this just increases filesize without any significantly noticeable increase in quality, and anything below this will gradually lower quality (but also reduce filesize).

queuenard made an addon that increases file size of music to something i forgot

queuenard made an addon that increases file size of music to something i forgot
Doing this makes adding music to your server pointless as I am not going to wait for 5 years to download 400mb of music files and thus disable music download.