Author Topic: car fuel script  (Read 1847 times)

could somebody make a script that makes any car have a fuel counter at the bottom right corner when you get in it and every few studs or so you travel you lose some fuel, and you need to drive into an area where a person that has become a petrol person (something like /bepetrolguy) and he can use a weapon that fills up the cars fuel in a 10 second time space (sorta like the pokeball mod, only petrol guys can use the weapon), just pitching an idea out, please reply

I'm loving your avatar. Did you find it or make it? Also great idea, it would be quite useful for RPGs and I'm sure it's possible.

i found it, i just used it cause i gave up on my amazingly well made avatars that were too big, anyway thanks for the positive-ness worm =D

Very good idea. But heres some things you should add

could somebody make a script that makes any car have a fuel counter at the bottom right corner when you get in it and every 20-30 studs or so you travel you lose some fuel, and you need to drive into an area where the driver can get out and fill it up him/herself, or a person that has become a petrol person (something like /bepetrolperson) and he/she can use a weapon that fills up the cars fuel in a 10 second time space (sorta like the pokeball mod, only petrol guys or the driver fueling the vehicle can use the weapon), just pitching an idea out, please reply

Pretty good idea, actually. Would be pretty cool with an auto-fueling (slowly) brick or something, mixed in with a racetrack.

so, would it be possible for somebopdy to make it?

I was thinking about something like this for star wars mod. We should really find a way.

this idea is getting a fair few positive posts :D *ego goes back up from -10 to 1

Tri

Create a system where the movement of the car decreases its "gas" << Which is set to a variable.  Then, add an "if" statement stating if the gas reaches 0, it willl disable the car's motion.

That's the easy part of it.

Explain to me how to disable the movement, and how to tell how far it's gone.

Create a system where the movement of the car decreases its "gas" << Which is set to a variable.  Then, add an "if" statement stating if the gas reaches 0, it willl disable the car's motion.
More liek where it decreases when pressing W or wahtever bottun you're using.

Why make gas? Gas is obsolete and annoying. They've already released a couple hydrogen fuel cell cars. plus it'd be easier to make. Just make every vehicle emit water vapor from it's tail pipe.

And how do you plan on finding the tail pipe of every vehicle?

I believe vector_scale(%object.getVelocity()) gets how far you've gone or something. That's part of the script right there for ya ;)

Tri

I provided the puzzle box image, you just gotta put the puzzle together.