Getting bots/items to work while the host is outside of a minigame.

Author Topic: Getting bots/items to work while the host is outside of a minigame.  (Read 761 times)

I'm hosting a default minigame. I just want bots and items to work while I am outside of the minigame.

I want to disable building/painting in the minigame but I also need to loving build and paint. So if I leave the minigame now bots and items don't work properly.

So I can't have both apparently.

I'm hosting a default minigame. I just want bots and items to work while I am outside of the minigame.

I want to disable building/painting in the minigame but I also need to loving build and paint. So if I leave the minigame now bots and items don't work properly.

So I can't have both apparently.
As far as I know, if the minigame is public and so are the bricks/bot spawns then the host doesn't have to be in the minigame for the bots to work, but if the minigame is owned by someone and isn't classified as "public" then it doesn't work.

Only solution I can think of is package everything as a gamemode so that everything can be loaded up as public bricks along with the minigame, but i'm pretty sure that cancels out the option to build.

set the global variable $defaultMinigame to your minigame after creating it

As far as I know, if the minigame is public and so are the bricks/bot spawns then the host doesn't have to be in the minigame for the bots to work

but then I can't edit the build.

set the global variable $defaultMinigame to your minigame after creating it

I have this set.

$DefaultMinigame = findClientByName("Lord Tony").minigame;

I typed in this.

Now loving player persistence is working when I am outside of the minigame.

So for some reason me being in the minigame was blockland player persistence.

It's too bad teams don't save on persistence.

$DefaultMinigame = findClientByName("Lord Tony").minigame;

I typed in this.

Now loving player persistence is working when I am outside of the minigame.

So for some reason me being in the minigame was blockland player persistence.

It's too bad teams don't save on persistence.
Unless there's a way to just make the minigame not owned by a host and you can some how make the bot bricks public bricks, not sure if there's any solution.