2018/10/20 - Blockland r1991-r1997

Author Topic: 2018/10/20 - Blockland r1991-r1997  (Read 40076 times)

Badspot

• Administrator
r1991
  • Fixed buffer overflow potential in dSprintf.  Note that this may cause other bugs to appear since some code may rely on the old broken behavior.  Everything seems to be working.
  • Fixed remote crash bug involving invalid connection arguments
  • Fixed LAN crash bug involving malformed GameInfoResponse
  • Fixed issue where you could join a server with a weird/really long name and still pass auth check

Thanks to just:center for information on these bugs. 

r1992
  • Part of the dSprintf overflow fix caused some strange intermittent bugs to appear with chat.  I have reverted this change while I investigate.
  • Removed unintentionally included development batch files in "cache" folder

r1995
  • I think I found the problem, dSprintf overflow fix re-applied

r1997
  • For real this time, maybe.  Thanks for beta testing my game guys.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 11:50:11 PM by Badspot »

my boy metario helping with blockland development

echoing a string that's more than 4096 characters still crashes the game

• Fixed remote crash bug involving invalid connection arguments
How'd this work?

Badspot

• Administrator
How'd this work?

I'd rather not explain in detail to all the kiddies how they can crash unpatched servers.

Badspot

• Administrator
echoing a string that's more than 4096 characters still crashes the game

Just having a script line that's > 4096 characters crashes something in yyparse that's beyond my understanding and the debugger doesn't work properly.  Is there a scenario where this can happen without someone writing a script with a huge line? 

Just having a script line that's > 4096 characters crashes something in yyparse that's beyond my understanding and the debugger doesn't work properly.  Is there a scenario where this can happen without someone writing a script with a huge line? 

I vaguely remember RTB and/or Blockland Glass having an issue regarding this, but I can't say for certain.

1991? oh how the years have gone by. it feels like yesterday when it was just 1701 right after the Treaty of Shaders was signed.

1991? oh how the years have gone by. it feels like yesterday when it was just 1701 right after the Treaty of Shaders was signed.

can't wait for lolla 91

badspot was on his speedkart earlier apparently

also you can delete your messages in development apparently too