Toby Fox adds expansion to Undertale - Deltarune

Author Topic: Toby Fox adds expansion to Undertale - Deltarune  (Read 9669 times)

Seems more like a sequel since there's the monster school and the monsters are no longer underground, at least, not ones from the first game

Also, Toriel now looks after a new kid, so maybe the decision of Frisk leaving instead of staying with Toriel at the end of Undertale is the canon ending

It's an AU. Something something Chara says something about "deleting this world and moving on to the next one" after a Genocide run in OG UT. This universe has a lot of differing elements from OG UT as well, like certain characters not knowing each other and Asriel being alive, etc...

It's very odd to see this mix-up, seeing things a lot different than what it was. Hmmm... makes you think, could this be related to Earthbound?

It's very odd to see this mix-up, seeing things a lot different than what it was. Hmmm... makes you think, could this be related to Earthbound?
The full release of Deltarune will coincide with the American release of Mother 3/Earthbound 2

It's an AU. Something something Chara says something about "deleting this world and moving on to the next one" after a Genocide run in OG UT. This universe has a lot of differing elements from OG UT as well, like certain characters not knowing each other and Asriel being alive, etc...
I don't think anything from the genocide run should be considered canon since that's the 'everyone dies' path, AUs aside

Also, isn't Asriel technically alive in the true pacifist run's epilogue?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 10:30:11 PM by Masterlegodude »

I wonder how much the full game would be, and if Deltarune will get as much recognition as Undertale did.

>toby embraces his own AU

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqn3p9

it is an AU

I saw in this toby saying that hes gonna try and make a team to make the game because otherwise it will take ages to make

I don't think anything from the genocide run should be considered canon since that's the 'everyone dies' path, AUs aside

Also, isn't Asriel technically alive in the true pacifist run's epilogue?
Every ending of Undertale is canon because they're all different timelines/universes or something. Also Asriel reverts to Flowey after you get back to the main menu and offers you to true reset.

Is this a prequel?
ut was conceptualized 8-9 years ago while deltarune stuff is only 6 years old according to toby's posts, so technically no, even if it wasn't a confirmed AU
« Last Edit: November 02, 2018, 01:59:52 PM by Conan »

2 days in and theres arleady 100 research of it on e6

There's a Mr Dink cat you can talk to in the town, he's big and purple, calls you Doug/Douglas, and he has a broken grill

But why though