Flash being removed in 2020! share your thoughts

Author Topic: Flash being removed in 2020! share your thoughts  (Read 2746 times)

I've never even seen any HTML5 stuff, is it like flash, but better, or are there some drastic differences?
not sure since I haven't seen anything either
The reason you "haven't seen anything" of it is because HTML5 applications are just normal web applications rather than a stupid plugin. Agar.io? HTML5. Google Docs? HTML5. Twitch? HTML5. Discord? HTML5.

This was inevitable, Adobe stopped supporting Flash a long time ago and Flash was basically just a stopgap for web technologies that didn't exist for browsers yet. But now everything that flash did can be done natively in browsers, so it's rightfully deprecated. The only thing that was kind of nice about flash was that you could 'package' everything about your application into a single file (the swf file) and people could download and distribute them at will. Modern web apps don't tend to have that sort of portability.

also that sucks that you won't be able to download it
distributing downloads for it.

so I assume this means that you can't make any future flash games but it's not like there was anyone really doing that

also that sucks that you won't be able to download it
so I assume this means that you can't make any future flash games but it's not like there was anyone really doing that
can someone clear this up for me i'm confused

webgl was always better suck my richard

Thought this thread was about the super hero and I got really confused.

webgl was always better suck my richard
preach

also i keep loving reading the title of this topic and thinking they will remove the dc character in 2020
Thought this thread was about the super hero and I got really confused.
you literally posted this while i was writing the above get out of my head

also i keep loving reading the title of this topic and thinking they will remove the dc character in 2020 you literally posted this while i was writing the above get out of my head

why would they remove one of their most famous characters

at least it'll last longer than blockland