your thoughts

yes
0 (0%)
no
11 (73.3%)
i dont really give a forget
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Should teachers take points off of a grade because you didnt use notes  (Read 1313 times)

if its graded on participation and i participated then my grade should be judged by that.

Graded participation is also BS.
Learned something, earned something.
Participation doesn't teach stuff.

^

lol. we should abolish all meetings in the world because participation isn't valuable. just make everyone work on their own and never communicate. You know what let's abolish all communication... This is the era of technology we can't have people interfacing with each other anymore .....

lol. we should abolish all meetings in the world because participation isn't valuable. just make everyone work on their own and never communicate. You know what let's abolish all communication... This is the era of technology we can't have people interfacing with each other anymore .....
If(!likeArgument){
     strawMan = true;
}

a wise quote from a man with only stupid things to say and no friends

if you don’t participate in class you aren’t going to understand it as well, and you’re locked in your keyhole of a perspective—even though you have direct access to letting someone else help make that keyhole bigger and broader
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 02:55:56 PM by Drydess »

if its graded on participation and i participated then my grade should be judged by that.
title is a no unless it's mandatory, and I agree with this quote

You should ignore logic and common sense regarding school because public education is designed to forget you at every turn if you do not follow directions to the letter regardless how inefficient or redundant they are, because you're only being trained to be a good little obedient worker (if you don't go on to college). Thinking outside the box more often than not gets you punished at the end, same with trying to cut corners like not using notes despite not needing them. Your best bet is to go with the flow and knuckle under, because it won't get any better.

You should ignore logic and common sense regarding school because public education is designed to forget you at every turn if you do not follow directions to the letter regardless how inefficient or redundant they are, because you're only being trained to be a good little obedient worker (if you don't go on to college). Thinking outside the box more often than not gets you punished at the end, same with trying to cut corners like not using notes despite not needing them. Your best bet is to go with the flow and knuckle under, because it won't get any better.
Only makes sense when communists run the school systems in the US.

If(!likeArgument){
     strawMan = true;
}
'participation doesn't teach stuff' so encouraging students to contribute to a discussion is basically useless even though every board meeting of every company is basically like minded people contributing to a discussion or idea

all that public school bs about...
  • "correct answer, but you didn't use my method, so points off"
  • "you did the problem right, but you wrote it in pen instead of pencil, so points off"
  • "you didn't write the date and period in the corner, so points off"
  • "correct answer, but you didn't show your work, so points off"
  • "you did take notes, but you didn't write them cornell style, so points off"
...completely evaporates in college from my experience.

all that public school bs about...
  • "you did the problem right, but you wrote it in pen instead of pencil, so points off"
...completely evaporates in college from my experience.
in my experience the reason they do this is to teach you the method of how they want the work to be done, not the work itself

sure a if you are doing a math problem writing the date is super useless but i assume the teachers do this for teaching you how to write a paper or something.

if thats the case, then why not grade the student by how well hes doing the method if thats what your teaching lol.

i feel like most of you guys dont understand the material in primary/highschool is very shallow on purpose, it's more to teach you how to work/think/etc. but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be massive overhauls

'participation doesn't teach stuff' so encouraging students to contribute to a discussion is basically useless even though every board meeting of every company is basically like minded people contributing to a discussion or idea
Encouragement and Enforcement are not synonyms.

i can't stand teachers that are like this
like bro i did the work give me a grade don't judge it because i didn't do it in your gay snowflake style