Midi Converter for Playable Instruments

Author Topic: Midi Converter for Playable Instruments  (Read 1647 times)

I'm just sick of hearing people play Despacito because they don't have anything better to play. I heard some dude had a program for converting midis to note but i'm having trouble finding it.
any help would appreciated

it wouldnt be that hard. king leo made a python script in 2010 that converts midi to events with a specific save and sound addon - the script was only like 50 or so lines long. the same could be done here (but pls dont use that old script cause it uses a super old version of python)

for anyone wanting to try this: you can convert midis to plaintext format to read from them. look it up

I started with this project a couple of months ago, but I left it to dust as I got other matter at hand. Feel free to continue on it.

MIDI-to-Instruments-Converter (GitLab)
MIDI-to-Instruments-Converter (GitHub)

is that just partially completed or is completed but rough

It's partially completed. It can be used, but it still lacks some functionality, like:
  • Splitting up into different instrument files for different instruments
  • Note cropping, octave changing or pitching
  • Pauses, correct length on notes

So there is much left to do, but at least you can get the notes in there and hopefully stich it together.

I started with this project a couple of months ago, but I left it to dust as I got other matter at hand. Feel free to continue on it.

MIDI-to-Instruments-Converter (GitLab)
MIDI-to-Instruments-Converter (GitHub)
um... how do you use it

um... how do you use it

Code: [Select]
python instruments.py midifile.mid

It'll print to the screen the processed information that you can use directly with the instruments mod.

maybe i should really emphasize on the 'how' more.

i have zero knowledge of python. i downloaded python last night and im pulling my hair because it doesnt seem anything im doing is right.

okay i think i figured it out but its just giving me a syntax error wtf

okay i think i figured it out but its just giving me a syntax error wtf

use python 2.7 not python 3+

i've made a rather complete .net midi>instruments mod converter lately but similar to mctwist i've yet to have the correct math for note length/delay for it to be entirely finished...