stupid stuff you used to think as a newbie

Author Topic: stupid stuff you used to think as a newbie  (Read 6939 times)

i used to think the duplicator was completely and utterly useless and for lazy builders (lol)

used to think freebuilds were the best

i thought the brick name feature was completely useless and was completely dumbfounded by how a guy pressed one brick and made another brick disappear

I used to think that if you saved a build with addons in it, you would just get the addons when loading it on your server

They were the best.  The community here has changed.  It's not fun to hang out with a bunch of rando's anymore, so freebuilds suck.

I used to think add-ons had to be in zip files to work.  I would work on an add-on from a folder, zip it up, copy it to the add-ons folder, and then restart blockland every time I wanted to apply a change.

I used to think add-ons had to be in zip files to work.
Hold up, what.

I used to think the community was just like what it was back in 2010 and thought stuff like BEE are still making movies 2 years later.
And played a lot of Family RPs because I was that loving stupid.

Used to think renderman was in the game by default. Sounds stupid but I was like 10 or 11 man.

I used to think add-ons had to be in zip files to work.
i remember being blown away when i found this out lmao

you're evil

I used the durplocator instead of the new duplicator

i never found out how relay events worked until last year lol

I used to think that if you saved a build with addons in it, you would just get the addons when loading it on your server
I used to think simply joining a server with add-ons installed them for you. Being the dumb stuff I was, I also accidentally hide the add-ons folder and couldn't figure out how to install add-ons for 2 years.

And played a lot of Family RPs because I was that loving stupid.
this...

i never found out how relay events worked until last year lol
same tbh

They were the best.  The community here has changed.  It's not fun to hang out with a bunch of rando's anymore, so freebuilds suck.
seems like people still like to do so on my server though, so idk. i feel like the freebuild just needs to be themed, or at least something mildly interesting or new must be on the server to keep people around long enough until the minimum number of active players for a self-sustaining server is reached.

I used to think once you downloaded an add-on file it was instantly done and in your game, so I was really confused why I didn't have them in my game.