Spyro Reignited Trilogy - 120% Power, 100% Skill and 117% Tax on the Power Bill

Author Topic: Spyro Reignited Trilogy - 120% Power, 100% Skill and 117% Tax on the Power Bill  (Read 2390 times)

Spyro Reignited Trilogy is a Remake of the three classic Playstation One games:
Spyro The Dragon
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon

Each game has been Remade from the ground up for Xbox One, and Playstation 4. Currently there are no PC or Switch ports announced or planned, these are merely speculation at this point.

Review

Spyro the Dragon is the game that gains the most from the Reignited Trilogy, every game has support for Sparx's gem finder and this one is no different. This made each level way easier and less tedious and angering than the original. However it becomes quickly apparent this is a necessary tool to use as sometimes the gems can blend in with the grass or other level assets. The game is overall easier than the original, as some more difficult enemies have been nerfed. However, the bosses have received a bit of a buff, except toasty. Overall this game is a solid 9/10 now.

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage, unfortunately, is now the weakest game in the trilogy, at least in the Reignited Trilogy. This game sometimes can feel rushed, with glitches happening on occasion and other odd and out of place problems. However the game still has an overall improvement in visuals (albeit it feels a bit washed out), and the glitches usually are just cosmetic and not game breaking. This game is an 7.5/10.

Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon, ya know I wasn't looking forward to this going in. However I should have been looking forward to it because Spyro 3 is easily the best looking game in the Reignited Trilogy, and the game with the most to do. And thats where the compliments end, however most of the game's faults were present in the original too. Side-quest games with vehicles in Spyro 2 were a rarity, now they are common place and irritating. The playable characters are better than they were in the original, but they still feel hit or miss, and bentley is easily the most undervalued character. The Country Speedway race is still unbearable and stupidly difficult, I give this game a solid 8/10.

Overall I believe the Reignited Trilogy is an 8.2/10 game, and it's worth it to buy, regardless of the problems.

Confirmed Cheats (These won't disable trophies/achievements):

These Cheats will be in the Playstation Format, however for those playing on Xbox, here is the Button Substitute key:
A = X
B =
X =
Y =
LB = L1
LT = L2
RB = R1
RT = R2

Big Head Mode:
Up,Up,Up,Up,R1,R1,R1,R1,

2D Spyro:
Left,Right,Left,Right,L2,R2,L2,R2,

Color Codes:
Up,Left,Down,Right,Up,Square,R1,R2,L1,L2,Up,Right,Down,Left,Up
= Red
Right = Purple (Not Default)
Down = Black
= Pink
= Green
Up = Yellow
X = Blue

99 Lives:
R2,L2,R2,L2,Up,Up,Up,Up,

ATTENTION:
These codes are based on the original Playstation One cheat codes for Spyro 1 2 and 3, however not all of the original cheats will work. Any cheat that uses "" before the end of the code will not work. Pressing "" exits the menu, unless it is the last button input, the code will NOT work.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 05:26:18 PM by Master Matthew² »

Find a better replacement for "shill" please.

Unfortunate that it isn't on PC cause this is one of the games from the year that I'm actually legitimately excited about.

Anyway it seems like a fantastic remake, bugs and minor flaws aside.