Are MERPs actually good? ...or are they just a loving waste?

Poll

Are MERPs good or are they just for losers who should just play

They're fun (revoke list)
10 (43.5%)
They're HORRID
9 (39.1%)
Rather not say (shadow revoke list)
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Are MERPs actually good? ...or are they just a loving waste?  (Read 2702 times)

You can tell what my answer is: they're a god damn waste and people who host them should be revoked. They are a loving plague and most of the time they're the only servers with people in it, making most people not play because the only server with more than 8 people connected is loving MERP.

call it a hunch but uh, i think you may be a teensy bit biased here

call it a hunch but uh, i think you may be a teensy bit biased here
I think most people will at least be at some agreement that MERPs are annoying as hell.

I´m not at all defending merps, because mostly I just don´t give a stuff. But they´re still a server type that people get on to play. I´m not a fan of merp either, mostly because I could never get into it and it´s not interesting to me. But I don´t get your mega-bias hatred to it? Have you actually tried to play in a merp server, or are you just following hysteria of other people who want to burn merp to the ground simply because it has more people on it and multiple servers of it?

Reason being what´s your point of hating them - asides from taking up space in the master list servers

don't talk stuff 'bout my boy gentoo. his MERP is classiest and longest running.

i used to play merps and seeing them, they are not bad at all and the builds are good. of course there’s  always some stuff happening to the side so obviously merps will get bad reps

I’ve seen good and bad MERPs, personally I think it comes down to who is hosting/building. I think they look really cool when done right

i used to like merp but then something happened and now i'm like DAMN:
Destroy
All
MERPs
Now

They're good when they're done right, but sadly, most of the time, they're not.

its just making a tiny city and adding fantasy or reality to it
tho you could make something out of small builds
like a giant ass map where you have to become small to explore

lmao, you don't like it so no one shouldn't like it too. I'm not sure if you're being serious or just baiting/playing the handicap. Anyways, without merp the only change there would be is an even more empty playerlist. I only boot blockland nowadays to play MERP and nothing else.

Every single time I join a MERP the host is AFK. So I can't get build trust so I can make stuff on the island. But usually, MERP is boring to me.

always seems more of an attempt at recreating civ
would probably be better done with a mod than just building on top

i liked MERPs better when they weren't stat based

every time i join a merp its consistently either everybody is afk or everybody is building silently