Are MERPs good or are they just for losers who should just play

They're fun (revoke list)
10 (43.5%)
They're HORRID
9 (39.1%)
Rather not say (shadow revoke list)
4 (17.4%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Author Topic: Are MERPs actually good? ...or are they just a loving waste?  (Read 2724 times)

merp is for the lazy, build full scale if your serious

i liked merp when the emphasis on RP wasnt really a thing (a long periolodically time ago)

i find it much more enjoyable to just build a mini empire rather than roleplay its growth

Eh.  They're alright.  I've never played one myself, but the cities I see people make in them are pretty loving fantastic.

If you had a bad time playing one, maybe it needs better rules?  From what I've seen it's very much a sort of social, freeform sort of game.  Kinda like playing legos with a bunch of kids.

i liked merp when the emphasis on RP wasnt really a thing (a long periolodically time ago)

i find it much more enjoyable to just build a mini empire rather than roleplay its growth
this

its more fun and less drama to build a large scale map and let people add stuff that meshes together than require rp and fighting or whatever where people can become defensive of their creations

either way, revoking them wouldnt changeanything as people would come on and see no servers with people and then just quit, in your example scenario
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 05:23:58 PM by Conan »

As a MERP Host myself, i can tell you that finding a good MERP is pretty rare because there are a lot of MERPs that are just made by muffins who have no idea how the game even works.

Also MERP is prone to stuffloads of drama.

i used to like merp but then something happened and now i'm like DAMN:
Destroy
All
MERPs
Now
By the way, that happening was me banning him from my server for being an absolute cancerfest and every player voting yes to banning him.

the hecc are merps, still a bit new to Blockland.

the hecc are merps, still a bit new to Blockland.
mini empire role play

I'm more of a fast-paced kind of guy so MERPs are not for me.

Sounds fun for people who like history or knights and etc.
To be honest I would play them there and then. It might be fun for people who aren't fast action type, or just new to PC games as a whole.
Not saying I don't love Fast Action games or whatever.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 05:33:59 PM by CapWearingHatDude »