do you support the privatization of space?

Poll

shaq

privatized control
10 (27%)
government control
7 (18.9%)
mixture of both
20 (54.1%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Author Topic: do you support the privatization of space?  (Read 4517 times)

When it comes to mining asteroids and whatever, sure. They can be given ownership to avoid 'space theft'.
But when it comes to just areas of space or even entire other planets, no.

We aren't at the point where space territories should even be an idea.

I think it's very important for the government to keep a check on which companies put what in space
because you know
stuff falls down.

can't wait until there's so much debris that we can't put anything into space lol
im sorry but last time i recalled space around earth isnt 1 whole mile of distance

to some extent yes

NASA shouldn't build rockets, it should push frontiers and do stuff that hasn't been done before

a big hurdle on NASAs plan to build a moon base is because they want to build their own rocket all the damn time.

im sorry but last time i recalled space around earth isnt 1 whole mile of distance

anything orbiting the earth is basically taking up the space of the orbit. remember these things are going at thousands of miles per hour - even a paint fleck can do some serious loving damage st that speed

do you support the treaty of versailles

anything orbiting the earth is basically taking up the space of the orbit. remember these things are going at thousands of miles per hour - even a paint fleck can do some serious loving damage st that speed
bruh just get a vaccum and clean that stuff up tf? stupid ass brothers..., damn.

i understand that but what im saying is that it would take a ridiculous amount of time to clutter up space around earth with manmade debris

i understand that but what im saying is that it would take a ridiculous amount of time to clutter up space around earth with manmade debris

We're at a point now where scheduled rocket launches need to be carefully timed to dodge space debris.
It's already a reality.

We're at a point now where scheduled rocket launches need to be carefully timed to dodge space debris.
It's already a reality.
i get that but im not talking about rn, im talking about the future. there aint just gonna be a stuff ton of manmade debris in space to cause a terrible concern (unless its all in intersecting orbits for god knows what reason) for a long time

i get that but im not talking about rn, im talking about the future. there aint just gonna be a stuff ton of manmade debris in space to cause a terrible concern (unless its all in intersecting orbits for god knows what reason) for a long time

debris in leo gets sent out into a separate graveyard orbit a few miles out from the standard for leo. unintentional debris either burns up into the atmosphere or stays in orbit

i get that but im not talking about rn, im talking about the future.

You really think that issue wont get worse? What, are we just gonna stop launching new satellites?