Author Topic: [Vehicle] Battleship Turret  (Read 4653 times)

size means loss of detail. imagine what it must be like to sit on a huge blank polygon with a giant turret

they don't have that much detail to begin with other than smoother cylinder turrets

I believe I successfully made the root and look dsq files, so I'll just throw them in the pirate cannon.cs or something to see if it works.

Welp, it crashes upon loading the file. I'm not too sure what the problem is.
I imported it into a separate default tank file, so that the tank would have a battleship turret. I think it has to do with the DTS file missing some empties that mount it to the tank. In the meantime, I'll use a different add-on.

I believe I successfully made the root and look dsq files, so I'll just throw them in the pirate cannon.cs or something to see if it works.
you can't just "replace" dsq files or reuse them, dsq files key animation data to bone names, and since many of them were made in milkshape (which allows the same name for meshes and bones) the animation names will likely conflict with the mesh objects of the dts.

on top of that the location/rotation data is absolute and not relative, so if you use a gigantic model's animation on a tiny model, all the bones of the tiny model will be super far apart. vice versa applies too.