Left 4 dead

Author Topic: Left 4 dead  (Read 8677 times)

A new multiplayer co-op zombie survival game, coming soon.

The aim is to survive. You cannot do this alone because lots of times you are pinned down / lying down / cant see / getting hung from a giant tongue.

A new 'director' system controls all. If you haven't seen any zombies in a while, he'll spawn some near you. Afterwards, he'll see how it affected you and spawn more. This has been balanced so you barely win, meaning every player, even those FPS CS geeks, have to really push themselves to survive.

Yay new section!  Discuss.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 07:23:07 AM by Jervan »

Yes.  Yes.  Yes.

I cannot wait for this game to come out.  The gameplay videos are making me need this game.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24566.html

This is going to be great.  I LOVE co-op games.

I screwed up the size :cookieMonster:

SD (Low res) http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24567.html?type=

I haven't watched it yet but as soon as I heard Co-op and Zombies I was like OMFG I WANT. I hope the trailer is good :3

Edit:
Valve... omg.. I'm going to get it but.... knowing its made by valve and they just too obsessive with there engine its going to make it a bit stuffter, so tired of hearing the HL2 Engine sounds in games (TF2).

I was personally hoping for a 'we're in a mall, grab what ever you can find and make a barricade then find a weapons store or find axes and chainsaws to hold them off as long as possible, you get bitten you need medicine to stop " becoming a Zombie"'. I mean running around shooting zombies in a building is good and all but there's no real OMFG WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE its more like WHERE'S THE ZOMBIES >:D which isn't really some thing I like to see in zombie movies/games.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:31:05 AM by Packer »

The end is like that Packer. When you reach your destination, you have 1 minute to gather whatever you can (soda cans, wodden planks etc) for weapons (most of your ammo will be gone by this point. And the 'the tank' zombie comes with 100s of zombies 1 minute later. Most of you will be limping around or lying down shooting because you can't move. You must survive until you get picked up. Even then, the beta testers said: "Just when we got aboard the plane and climbed the ladder, relief coursing through us, a zombie player (players can play boss zombies) snatched the last one to get on from the ladder with their noose like tongue. The person above him grabbed him and they both fell to their deaths. They gained nothing from 2 hours gameplay except death."

Tri

In left 4 dead, i hate how the zombies run hellafast.

Yeah, scared me stuffless when I saw how fast they were going. I was thinking "Meh, another zombie game, where you shoot the barely moving zombies before they come get you to deal 1 damage." Then I saw them sprinting towards a survivor and was like O_O

Hey Tri, you need to read, the people are infected with rabies. I agree with Packer, I believe that you should be able to be infected instead of just dying. Despite that, I love survival horror, and I'm sure this will be awesome. It reminds me of 28 Days Later, anybody here see it?

The best parts are when the zombies run up and someone shoots them with a shotty, and their lifeless bodies fly past the person's feet.

Yeah, I love that too.

Hey Tri, you need to read, the people are infected with rabies. I agree with Packer, I believe that you should be able to be infected instead of just dying. Despite that, I love survival horror, and I'm sure this will be awesome. It reminds me of 28 Days Later, anybody here see it?
<3 that movie, the 2nd one was terrible.

Another problem I have with Co-op games is Player Zombies, you're having fun killing mindless zombies then out of no where a play zombie is nailing your entire team and even trying to dodge your bullets (If they are smart) which just ruins it for me, I honestly wouldn't mind a 3 lives re-spawn type thing then Zombie players.

There are 4 survivers and 4 zombies, total of 8 human players. If a surviver is badly damaged another surviver can heal / revive him. If he is down for too long he dies, but he does NOT come back as a zombie, he's dead till the end of the level.

But I don't want 4 Zombie players in the first place >:(

Yeah, makes sense, smart zombies will ruin the fun. I guess I didn't think of it that way. Maybe there is an option to turn it off. I just thought it would be cool to see someone that just got attacked get up and start running towards you. I didn't find an official release date other than end of the summer, did anybody else find one?