Potential City RPG idea need feedback

Author Topic: Potential City RPG idea need feedback  (Read 1846 times)

Hey, I'm thinking about hosting a City RPG again, but as we all know it gets boring fast and drugs are overpowered, so in an attempt to keep it fair and fun we have a proposal.

We will change the map every 3 weeks (we will have about 3 maps, with just the stock builds on them (PD, bank etc)
and all STATS will be reset (money, jobs, education) as well as all player builds.

To balance out the resets, I will also be making education cheaper, so it's not as grindy to get started.

If you have any further suggestions, feel free to leave a comment.

or ya know, just wait for crp

or ya know, just wait for crp
do you have an ETA or is it the elusive non answer "soon"

Instead of hosting 3 separate cities and resetting data why not just balance the game properly and have 1 well balanced quality city?

Quality over quantity
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 02:02:42 PM by DurkaDude »

Instead of hosting 3 separate cities and resetting data why not just balance the game properly and have 1 well balanced quality city?

Quality over quantity
Whenever I see CityRPG servers just keep the same map and city and stats, the grind becomes extremely unbearable as a lot of things (education n stuff) are nerfed to the moon and costs a fortune to do, so it's p much impossible to get anywhere unless if you AFK-mine or have a friend who has a stuffload of money in the server already

but if you have to restart every 3 weeks then it's even more grindy

imo it seems like a fast and good feeling grind where you get rewarded quickly, instead of slaving ur ass off to get anywhere and not starving to death

if it restarts every 3 weeks then you need to slave your ass off and starve to death everytime it resets

if it restarts every 3 weeks then you need to slave your ass off and starve to death everytime it resets
Except the grinding period is a week at most, not a month+ like other servers

idk just my opinion, I prefer quick and rewarding grinds, vs ones that take a monstrous stuffload of time ti barely get anywhere unless if you're an admin or have friends who can help
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 05:50:59 PM by Insert Name Here² »

"People get too much money too quickly so let's just keep resetting it"

aren't crpgs inherently incremental games so its unavoidable there's gonna be a massive discrepancy between new players and old players after a week in?

a potentially good city rpg idea is never hosting a city rpg server because they're pretty inferior to other gamemodes

a potentially good city rpg idea is never hosting a city rpg server because they're pretty inferior to other gamemodes
i agree, someone should host a regular rpg instead