Author Topic: Guitar hero III: Legends of Rock  (Read 4988 times)

Taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guitar_Hero_III:_Legends_of_Rock

Code: [Select]
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is a music video game developed by Neversoft (for the console versions) and Aspyr Media (for computer versions) and published by Activision and RedOctane. It is the third full installment in the Guitar Hero series (and the fourth title overall). Guitar Hero III was first released for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, Wii, PC, and Mac platforms in late 2007. Due to the acquisition of RedOctane by Activision, Harmonix Music Systems is no longer involved in developing titles in the Guitar Hero series; instead, they developed the competing Rock Band.

As with the previous Guitar Hero games, the player uses a guitar-shaped controller to simulate the playing of varying genres of rock music by playing notes as they scroll in-time with the music. Gameplay from the previous installments of the series has remained mainly intact, with the most notable addition being a new cooperative career mode. The game features over 60 total songs, many of which, in contrast to previous games, are master tracks. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is available both individually and in bundles packaged with wireless controllers. Previous Guitar Hero controllers are compatible with this title. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is the first game in the series to feature online play, in addition to existing game modes.

Furthermore, the game includes Tom Morello (of Rage Against the Machine/Audioslave) and Slash (of Guns N' Roses/Slash's Snakepit/Velvet Revolver) as in-game characters. The Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC versions also include Bret Michaels (Poison).

Discuss Guitar hero III here.

The difficulty wall at the 7th tier SUCKS >_>

Other than that, fun game.

Tri

I beat TtFaF on Expert >:P

Finished career on Expert, completed Through the Fire and Flames, and completed The Devil Went Down to Georgia in Quickplay.

Currently playing Cult of Personality, which I amaze myself at the solos.

I'm stuck on Lou on Hard and Expert. He always gets me with that lefty flip.

Honestly, I think I could beat TtFaF on hard, if not expert, if I could unlock it. >:(

You can still get the achievements if you use cheats.  I wouldn't do that though,  that'd spoil the fun, and if you actually beat the other songs, you wouldn't really have a reward.

I can do about 60% of ttfatf on hard.

Also, the Cult of Personality solos aren't hard, they just fucking rock (yes on expert).

I'm currently trying to bridge the gap between hard and expert, I'm stuck on Raining Blood on hard, so I'm playing some of my more favourite songs on expert (holiday in cambodia, cult of personality, cliffs of dover (which I can't do yet)).

Would it be worth to buy it for the 360 when I already have a guitar controller and GHII for my PS2?

nah, just get the GH3 solus (or the pack, if you want 2 guitars).

Tri

>:P I also like the song "Impulse" by An Endless Sporadic.  <<I think>>
You will find in bonus.

>:P I also like the song "Impulse" by An Endless Sporadic.  <<I think>>
You will find in bonus.
Yeah, that song is fucking awesome.

Tri

The TtFaF intro is epic on expert (I can ace >:P)

+Repeat+
    O
O
      O
O 
    O
O
        O
O
  O
O
      O
O
    O
O
        O
O
      O
O
        O
O
      O
O
    O
O
  O
O
      O
O
    O
O
  O

I love playing "My Curse" on Expert!
Its soooo nice!
Anyway who plays on X-Box 360?

I have played all versions of 3 I can say ps2 is the easiest 360 is medium and wii is hardest due to highly sesitive strum

You can still get the achievements if you use cheats.  I wouldn't do that though,  that'd spoil the fun, and if you actually beat the other songs, you wouldn't really have a reward.
Cheats is only for more EXPERT MONSTER AWSOME difficult (Includes Hyperspeed!)