game industry crash is coming.

Author Topic: game industry crash is coming.  (Read 6779 times)

And Fallout 76 is doing so well and isn't an obvious cash grab made from a disconnected game studio that has been slowly dumbing down their RPGs each loving year

ah yes, bethesda making bad games means the entire industry is dying

its ok beacuse we got flame hyenard and duff mcwhalen to save the world

sounds reasonable

Videogames in general have reached peak diminished returns.

Only Half Life 3 can save the gaming industry now

Your move, Valve

Valve is also part of the problem. They take a giant 30% of whatever a game makes.

This is causing many companies to start making their own launchers.

Now the gaming market is over saturated with game launchers.

as this is my area i can give a quick 2 cents

the companies in charge of triple A games turned from people in the game industry to a regular business industry. this happened in the last 10 years or so.
while a game industry crash certainly isn't coming, a window has opened for new game development companies to get time in the spotlight.
Those slimeballs have caught on to this earlier than me and you. a great example for this is Microsoft's acquisition of Obsidian Entertainment, a studio that would have been a figurehead example of a company that had a chance.
they want that window closed desperately.

honestly i don't think things are going to change. im expecting them to close that window and nail it shut, im expecting the companies we are memeing about to continue this even in the face of potential lawsuits (1, 2). a market crash is impossible, there is too much money being made. rules are needed to prevent these filthy business tactics or they will become even worse. rules that aren't only in place in 2 west European countries. but i seriously doubt that this is going to happen in time.

it's not coincidental that a lot of people are starting to realize that there haven't been some good games on the market for a minute now. the rift between consumer and dumb Business Men has never been this large, i can name a dozen companies who's creative choices are limited by business men in a higher position than them.
Creative Directors have been powerless, keep that in mind next time you question why a game is doing something really loving weird. (2015 btw)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 07:51:07 AM by hootaloo »

These companies are showing signs of a downward circlejerk. One of them pulls stupid stuff, and the rest join in. Bethesda, Activision/Blizzard, Nintendo, Sega, Rockstar, Epic Games, Ubisoft, EA and many more triple A companies are pushing customers away with stufftier and stufftier tactics. This won't last forever.

Tbh a crash isn't really coming, if you're talking about a crash like the one in 1983 at least.

Also a group of people can make a game better than a AAA developer, so yeah, that says something

Also a group of people can make a game better than a AAA developer, so yeah, that says something

in 18 months no less with Fallout NV.

F76 took 3 loving years. lol

in 18 months no less with Fallout NV.

F76 took 3 loving years. lol
Fallout NV used pre-built assets.

Fallout NV used pre-built assets.

Fallout 3 used loving pre-built oblivion assets.

Fallout 4 used loving pre-built skyrim assets.

Fallout 76 uses all of F4's pre-built assets and it literally has the Skyrim magicka code still in the loving game.

So where's your excuse now?

I hate it when loving people bring up about NV using pre-built assets to make the 18 month deadline.

Bethesda's projects use loving pre-built assets and their dev times are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer  than 18 months