game industry crash is coming.

Author Topic: game industry crash is coming.  (Read 6839 times)

Fallout 4 took over 3 years to make and reused skyrim assets.

NV still had way more depth and detail than F4 and it only took Obsidian 18 months,

Imagine if Obsidian had over 3 years to make NV.

I can see why Bethesda tried to forget Obsidian over from the beginning. Obsidian is an actual competent developer.

Fallout 4 took over 3 years to make and reused skyrim assets.

NV still had way more depth and detail than F4 and it only took Obsidian 18 months,

Imagine if Obsidian had over 3 years to make NV.

I can see why Bethesda tried to forget Obsidian over from the beginning. Obsidian is an actual competent developer.

You can keep retreading this point as much as you want, you still don't get why it took so long and you won't get it. Bethesda is working with the same engine they used for Morrowind. The reason why development takes so long is partly because of this.

Fallout New Vegas, for as much as you put it on a pedestal, was not really that much of a change from Fallout 3. It used basically all the same assets, all the same gameplay mechanics and only deviated in small, easily-made details. The minutiae that differentiated the games so much in your opinion ended up being wholly inconsequential details in the manner of game development, like removing the "Cannot die" flags from NPCs, or tossing in more speech checks.

Development time rarely is the factor for the quality of a game. It took Bethesda 3 years to make Fallout 4 because it took 3 years to make Fallout 4, that's all the point that needs to be made there. It isn't because they're a bad company, but because the workload of making Fallout 4 ended up taking three years. If they could have done it in three months, they would have done it in three months. But it took longer.

You know.

FNV may have reused F3 assets but at least they loving changed it up.

You can't sit here and claim Obsidian had it loving easier because they used Fallout 3's assets to make Fallout NV.

loving Fallout 76 literally reuses the Fallout 4 assets and skyrim assets.

Where is your excuse bro?

The loving scorchbeast is literally a skyrim dragon reskin and it even comes with the same bugs.

scorchbeasts look hella cool though

You know.

Fallout New Vegas wasn't "changed up", it is literally the same universe as Fallout 3. This point doesn't stand at all.

You can't sit here and claim Obsidian had it loving easier because they used Fallout 3's assets to make Fallout NV.

loving Fallout 76 literally reuses the Fallout 4 assets and skyrim assets.

Where is your excuse bro?

The loving scorchbeast is literally a skyrim dragon reskin and it even comes with the same bugs.
Why are you trying to guess what I'm talking about and arguing with that instead of actually reading my posts? Are you incapable of reading?

I don't give a stuff about Obsidian because Fallout New Vegas sucks. It's just a rebranded Fallout 3 and is equally as much of a waste of time. All of Bethesda's games suck. You acting like this is a new deal is hilarious because again, you're chicken little, acting like the sky is falling and the game industry is crashing because a company's games have continued to suck since the 90s.

They're all boring and derivative. Obsidian got richarded because their IP was bought by Bethesda and the only chance they had to work on it in-house was a stuffty spinoff that didn't get the proper development deal that Bethesda promised. This is OLD GROUND. Everyone ALREADY KNOWS THIS. It means nothing now.

Fallout NV reused Fallout 3 assets, finished the game in 18 months.

Fallout 76 reused Fallout 4 assets, didn't finish the game in 3 years.

But why did Fallout 76 take 3 years?

Did Fallout 76 add unique quests like NV? Nope. Just radiant fetch quests.

Did Fallout 76 add a stuff ton of interesting NPCs and require stuffloads of dialogue? Nope just robot NPCs and some holotapes.

Oh that stuffty ass plain text netcode must have taken the development time 3 years to make the game. Even though they could have just paid Zenimax Online to handle it like they did with ESO.

You mean to tell me the netcoding alone took 3 loving years and the actual game itself only took about 3 months? Because it feels like they only put in 3 months into the actual game lol.

You mean to tell me the netcoding alone took 3 loving years and the actual game itself only took about 3 months?

I mean to tell you that developing basically an MMORPG for an engine that was originally developed for morrowind probably took them most of their development cycle because it was probably a complete uphill battle from the start. I'm also saying that outsourcing your development to a company not involved in the product in any way because it's IN HOUSE PRODUCTION would not make development any easier. It would have probably led to communication issues!

You have no loving clue how game development works on that scale, so don't even try to argue it, you're talking out of your ass completely. Fallout New Vegas wouldn't have been hard to make, it was just a shameless spinoff made to make Bethesda more money. It doesn't matter if Obsidian churned out a diamond in the rough or whatever you see it as, because there's a difference between the END RESULT and the DEVELOPMENT CYCLE.

You yelling at me for not understanding this means nothing, because everyone else knows you're the one who's full of stuff. You're just butthurt about a game you were never going to play anyways because you're handicapped or something. You can't reach the conclusion and move on like normal people do.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:26:18 AM by IkeTheGeneric »

I don't give a stuff about Obsidian because Fallout New Vegas sucks. It's just a rebranded Fallout 3 and is equally as much of a waste of time.

Lol ok.

I see why you are defending Todd Howard and his cronies now.

Because if you actually did play NV you would know it has the same heart and soul put into it like the classic Fallout games made by Black Isle. Unlike F3, F4 and F76 which are just cash grabs.

I mean to tell you that developing basically an MMORPG

24 players does not make an MMO and Fallout 76 would need to be an RPG to even consider it as an RPG.

So I don't see how Fallout 76 is an "MMORPG"

Bethesda had teams who didn't know what the forget they were doing in an engine they didn't fully understand that was unable to handle what they wanted to do

Whereas the team for New Vegas were all long term vets in the industry making these specific games and probably had some past experience with gamebryo because it was cutting edge, LONG LONG ago

Lol ok.

I see why you are defending Todd Howard and his cronies now.

Because if you actually did play NV you would know it has the same heart and soul put into it like the classic Fallout games made by Black Isle. Unlike F3, F4 and F76 which are just cash grabs.

I literally called all of bethesda's games stuff. What the forget does it take for you to understand this?

24 players does not make an MMO and Fallout 76 would need to be an RPG to even consider it as an RPG.

So I don't see how Fallout 76 is an "MMORPG"
You are literally arguing semantics that aren't even relevant to my point right now. I don't give a forget what fallout 76 is, only that probably around 50% of the development cycle was probably battling with their stuffty engine trying to make netcode anywhere functional.

Bethesda had teams who didn't know what the forget they were doing in an engine they didn't fully understand that was unable to handle what they wanted to do
HMM I WONDER WHY IT TOOK THEM THREE YEARS TO MAKE THE GAME

Whereas the team for New Vegas were all long term vets in the industry making these specific games and probably had some past experience with gamebryo because it was cutting edge, LONG LONG ago
Gamebryo was a piece of hot garbage as soon as Oblivion dropped. The Obsidian devs are probably on record talking about how much working with it made them want to kill themselves, because I've worked with gamebryo and it made me want to kill myself

You know.

-snip-
hey at least bethesda probably knows how to take a good screenshot

hey at least bethesda probably knows how to take a good screenshot

I didn't take the picture so I don't know who you are directing towards.