What’s so bad about Brickadia?

Author Topic: What’s so bad about Brickadia?  (Read 17768 times)

brickadia is a glorified unreal engine tech demo ran by some mentally ill people which are regarded as the least mentally ill out of the surviving community. if it does get released, it's gonna still be infested with the same 30 year old furry forgetheads who play this game still plus a few stragglers from the past who may play it for a bit and then drop it

As far as I know, they're making a successful alpha of a game while a mentally ill person holds a grudge against them and writes an angry post like they killed their dog.

Calm down dude lol

brickadia is a glorified unreal engine tech demo ran by some mentally ill people which are regarded as the least mentally ill out of the surviving community. if it does get released, it's gonna still be infested with the same 30 year old furry forgetheads who play this game still plus a few stragglers from the past who may play it for a bit and then drop it
why are you so angry all the time

I don't think it will ever be finished myself. I've seen too many indie projects fail with similar goals. The odds are stacked against the dev team tbh.

I don't think it will ever be finished myself. I've seen too many indie projects fail with similar goals. The odds are stacked against the dev team tbh.
i hope they succeed tho

also i agree with phantos when he says that mod support should be #1 priority honestly

Mod support in UE4 is such a tricky thing if you're comparing it to how Blockland handles modding. Since you have a lot more tools to work with, it becomes more necessary to more closely vet mods to make sure there's nothing malicious in them. Along with this, the way that modding works for most Unreal games usually requires using a modified UE environment.

That's why games on the older Unreal engines came with devkits that were basically just watered down UE3/UE2 environments meant for making content specifically for the game it came with. Just look at how Killing Floor 2 handles mod making!

With this said, developing mod support later into the development makes sense, it's not like you need to develop from the ground up with mod support in mind in order for it to work. You're really overestimating the difficulty of adding it.

honestly there isnt really that much wrong with it, more just people that are upset they got banned/got their brickadia key revoked for acting like a handicap
and some that don’t have keys are pissed for whatever reason

Well ideally the best mod support allows you to access and modify a bunch of key classes as well as create new ones dynamically without recompiling. It also needs to have compartmentalization like a package system so you can isolate scripts and unit test them without the entire game being damaged. In order for all of this to exist, the classes the game uses must be specifically designed for and around the mod support. It's not as simple as inheriting from a IModdable interface, because a lot of the brickadia content is inheriting default unreal functionality. the way the game is designed, it's all basically utilizing the flexibility and features of unreal but because of that all mod support will also be derivative of unreal's modding support blueprints so it's going to suck by default.

There's literally no way around this. The game needs to be built on a custom framework in order to have good mod support. You can't build the game from the ground up and then slide a layer of mod interfaces underneath them without completely reworking every aspect

let me translate this

"wah they didnt make me a tester :((("

"wah they didnt make me a tester :((("
"you aren't a tester therefore your argument is wrong!!!! >:((" *growls in 0.3.5 tester wave*

"you aren't a tester therefore your argument is wrong!!!! >:((" *growls in 0.3.5 tester wave*
?
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:25:09 PM by Insert Name Here² »

?
you're shutting down a perfectly factual argument because someone doesn't have a superficial title on a building game

you're shutting down a perfectly factual argument because someone doesn't have a superficial title on a building game
Literally no

I posted "wah they didnt make me a tester :(((" because there's no other reason for Unova to be so vehemently against Brickadia and everything it stands for, either he didn't become a tester and has a grudge, or got banned for doing what he does best, being a tard

Go away

I posted "wah they didnt make me a tester :(((" because there's no other reason for Unova to be so vehemently against Brickadia and everything it stands for, either he didn't become a tester and has a grudge, or got banned for doing what he does best, being a tard

Go away
I mean literally everything he said is correct. There is not one objective error with his statement, grudge tester or not