What’s so bad about Brickadia?

Author Topic: What’s so bad about Brickadia?  (Read 17767 times)

you know I regret defending unova let's pretend that never happened gn

To answer OP's question with some degree accuracy, the devs seem like they're really inexperienced with handling a codebase, so I don't have high hopes that the game'll be in a released state in quite awhile.

you know I regret defending unova let's pretend that never happened gn
The point to make is that he's not entirely wrong, but he's still an starfish. If he made his point without sounding like he was choking on a million richards I assure you more people would be agreeing lmao

They just seem incredibly unsure on how they plan to design mod support which has my hopes down. They really work hard but it's disappointing because it would all have been a huge missed opportunity if there ends up being terrible gmod-like starbound-like mod support. Like I make a big deal about it and people in the discord used to judge me but it really is a big deal like there's only one person who can stomach blockland without mods and it's sylvanor. Imagine a barren wasteland of default content and one sylvanor quietly building in isolation. That's loving depressing
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:56:27 PM by PhantOS »

Brickadia is in good hands if they get funding to pull it off. The problem I have with brickadia currently is that hype was built too fast for it and as a result people are ignoring that the features of it are under-developed and this project could shut off in as little as a few seconds or be in development hell if one of the developers quit. Brickadia in it's current state is not worthy of any praise and not really worthy of any criticism but if the game gets fleshed out in maybe 2-3 years it could be a considerable counterpart to Blockland if the community isn't changed completely by then

Speaking on Mod Support, this probably won't happen if they want to have modding be completely secure. They would have to go the gmod route and make a framework where you can only use Lua or something, or the TModLoader route where they just make a completely seperate instance you can mod where you have complete control so it doesn't interfere with the base game
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 02:57:57 PM by Unova2 »

They just seem incredibly unsure on how they plan to design mod support which has my hopes down. They really work hard but it's disappointing because it would all have been a huge missed opportunity if there ends up being terrible gmod-like starbound-like mod support. Like I make a big deal about it and people in the discord used to judge me but it really is a big deal like there's only one person who can stomach blockland without mods and it's sylvanor. Imagine a barren wasteland of default content and one sylvanor quietly building in isolation. That's loving depressing

How is GMod's modding bad? Don't really know much about it.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 03:32:40 PM by Superstarxalien »

this thread and the amount of controversy over a barely-in-alpha fan project is living proof as to why devs rarely disclose the dev process in real games - people kick up a storm about current/promised features despite the fact the game isnt even close to done or the implementation/features are set in stone

to anyone who doesnt know much about brickadia or hasn't seen that much of it, i made a video summing up most of what the game has right now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf59FVnkfhQ

to anyone who doesnt know much about brickadia or hasn't seen that much of it, i made a video summing up most of what the game has right now:

oooooh this looks interesting

from what my brother said i like the idea of it and plans to make .bls files compatible or something though i have no idea how development is going so idk

from what my brother said i like the idea of it and plans to make .bls files compatible or something though i have no idea how development is going so idk
BLS files can currently be imported into Brickadia, but don't expect something loaded with (any) custom brick packs that aren't basic brick sizes to load right.

Wait I'm wondering now. How many of the assets and blueprints have they made from scratch and how many of them were taken from the asset store? Is the kitchen environment handcrafted or is it using placeholder geometry they found on the asset store?

Wait I'm wondering now. How many of the assets and blueprints have they made from scratch and how many of them were taken from the asset store? Is the kitchen environment handcrafted or is it using placeholder geometry they found on the asset store?
Maybe they're pulling a Hunt Down the Freeman

The environment/sky being used currently is the Fast Stylized Procedural Sky.