What’s so bad about Brickadia?

Author Topic: What’s so bad about Brickadia?  (Read 17778 times)

what about the emote system?
The emote system doesn't appear to be from an unreal asset as far as I can tell.

what about the emote system?
as far as i can tell the emotes in the game (if that's what you're asking) are custom made
also if you're wondering if assets are ripped from blockland, they were previously used as placeholders but ever since 0.3 they have been removed and replaced with new assets

The emote system and UI itself looks nearly identical to the Fortnite one, which AFAIK Unreal releases most of their assets from their games onto the epic games store.

I should note that using assets not made by your team is by no means a bad thing. Even large AAA companies hire individual contractors for extra assets that are separate from the core team and if you were going to make the exact same thing anyway theres no point in wasting the effort when something else on the market does it.

i think the thing i hate the most about brickadia and their devs is that they're trying to convince themselves that this is not a blockland successor. they're saying their community is different from blocklands. for Christ sake literally every person in the discord is from blockland. they're too preoccupied about straying away from blockland in the middle of the games development. they're not going to find anyone who is going to be interested in this game outside of blocklands community until the games near complete and it's out in the public.

that being said, i hate a lot of the new building controls. blocklands ghost brick was great because you could use other tools while building at the same time. in brickadia once you dequip the brick tool your ghost brick disappears. also orbit mode? i dont like it. outside of the issues i know they're going to fix (like not being able to switch colors) i do not like using it. i would much rather build in third person with the cursor enabled (which is amazing by the way) but even with that you can't place bricks in certain positions (like a badeplate roof)

Imagine it like if Planet Coaster (I've never played it btw) decided to not implement the things that made Roller Coaster Tycoon great just because they wanted to "stray away" from it and "not be involved in the community of RCT"

Blockland is the kindling to your fire, brickadia. don't let it burn out over a dumb mistake.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 05:07:08 PM by Trogtor »

The emote system and UI itself looks nearly identical to the Fortnite one, which AFAIK Unreal releases most of their assets from their games onto the epic games store.

I should note that using assets not made by your team is by no means a bad thing. Even large AAA companies hire individual contractors for extra assets that are separate from the core team and if you were going to make the exact same thing anyway theres no point in wasting the effort when something else on the market does it.
they recently hired someone to do all the sounds

and the kitchen map along with all of the website ui is all done by them

i think like 90% of it is done by them, like there was a couple placeholder decals that they took from blockland but those got all removed iirc

servers spike when new updates roll out

and then go back down a day later lol

This game is so dead. It has literally no servers or players. Five stars.

the game's in a closed alpha and all you can do is build stuff as of right now, i'd wait until the game is actually in a developed state before you start calling it dead lol

the game's in a closed alpha and all you can do is build stuff as of right now, i'd wait until the game is actually in a developed state before you start calling it dead lol
Attention all Blockland gamers, Brickadia is dying, and JamJar needs your help!

Wait, who's really developing brickadia?

And apart from brickadia, what other games are being developed inspired by BL?
I know brickadia, and GSF ghost's, but I could've sworn there were more

land of dren was a thing too

oh yea, it rings a bell
But I think there was another one, one with a B in its name
I kinda remember it that way, because I always confused it with brickadia

Nevermind, I found it, its GSF ghost's Block Party