minimap generator program

Author Topic: minimap generator program  (Read 6335 times)

do not be a fascist. if you are a fascist, the program will automatically detect it and blow up your computer.
too bad for me i guess :(

wtf a good addon in 2019?!?!?!?

it do nothing
Code: [Select]
socket started
ran process, trying to load C:\Steam\Steam\steamapps\common\Blockland\config\server\Minimap\grapple.blmm
true
ran process, trying to load C:\Steam\Steam\steamapps\common\Blockland\config\server\Minimap\grapple.blmm
false
false

So this is the state of modding now. Looks nice good job.

it do nothing
socket started
true
false
false
send me your minimap.log, if you have one. also, what OS are you using?

that is my minimap log. i'm running windows 10

that is my minimap log. i'm running windows 10
that is your minimapgui.log. do you have a minimap.log? it is possible that one was not created, and knowing that will help me with debugging. also, dumb me forgot to ask, is there any hs_err_pid####.log files in the jars sub directory?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:51:33 AM by Gytyyhgfffff »

This is a very cool mod! I do have some questions about it though.
First of all, is it possible to make the mini-map viewable in-game?

I am also not sure if I did something wrong or if it is the program, but it seems to make invisible bricks visible and doesn't like certain plates for some reason. All of those large white spaces are normally invisible zone bricks, and the vehicle spawns are usually invisible too. I don't know why but some random plates are missing in building rooftops and on the curved sidewalks etc as well.

This is a very cool mod! I do have some questions about it though.
First of all, is it possible to make the mini-map viewable in-game?
if you make your own gui for it, you can display whatever image you want. or, you could make prints out of your minimap. making a little in-game minimap gui is out of my scope though, sorry

I am also not sure if I did something wrong or if it is the program, but it seems to make invisible bricks visible and doesn't like certain plates for some reason. All of those large white spaces are normally invisible zone bricks, and the vehicle spawns are usually invisible too. I don't know why but some random plates are missing in building rooftops and on the curved sidewalks etc as well.
i guess i forgot invisible bricks exist when making the mod, so ill patch that tomorrow at some point. for the missing bricks, can you please post your minimap.log file? hopefully it'll reveal some of the issues

if you make your own gui for it, you can display whatever image you want. or, you could make prints out of your minimap. making a little in-game minimap gui is out of my scope though, sorry
i guess i forgot invisible bricks exist when making the mod, so ill patch that tomorrow at some point. for the missing bricks, can you please post your minimap.log file? hopefully it'll reveal some of the issues
Here is the minimap.log file:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h4qxfr9nl89jh78/minimaplog.zip?dl=0

This is great stuff man! Congrats on getting out lol.

I´m sorry that the game and the people wore you down so much like that.

oh. minimap log:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Steam\Steam\steamapps\common\Blockland\minimap\jars\lib\assimp.dll: Can't load AMD 64-bit .dll on a IA 32-bit platform
at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at minimap3.Driver.main(Driver.java:39)
for whatever reason java is handicapped and installed 32-bit java on my 64 bit machine. java brain size: galaxy

update:
  • fixed .blb converter not recognizing mixed case blb extensions (fixes cool blockhead's issue)
  • fixed large bricks missing pieces on higher resolution renders (unrelated to cool blockhead's issue)
  • fixed /createminimap filename all seeing non-rendering bricks (fixes cool blockhead's issue)
  • added slight padding to all minimap screenshots so bricks don't touch the edge of the picture
  • fixed map size detection giving slightly incorrect size for /createminimap filename all, which may have cut off some bricks on the edges of pictures

known issues i might get around to fixing:
  • peter panning on bricks in maps with tall structures. probably would require me to make a new shadow antialiasing algorithm (the fix i used to remove shadow artifacting caused by the antialiasing algorithm was to increase the bias which resulted in peter panning) and since i don't know the GLSL shadow tricks its going to be tough

download the new files here:
add-on: http://www.garycact.us/i/U2NlbmVyeQ/B_ILeKS2.zip
program (extract to Blockland/minimap/jars): http://www.garycact.us/i/U2NlbmVyeQ/moHp9i22.zip
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:52:12 AM by Gytyyhgfffff »

update:
  • fixed .blb converter not recognizing mixed case blb extensions (fixes cool blockhead's issue)
  • fixed large bricks missing pieces on higher resolution renders (unrelated to cool blockhead's issue)
  • fixed /createminimap filename all seeing non-rendering bricks (fixes cool blockhead's issue)
  • added slight padding to all minimap screenshots so bricks don't touch the edge of the picture
  • fixed map size detection giving slightly incorrect size for /createminimap filename all, which may have cut off some bricks on the edges of pictures

known issues i might get around to fixing:
  • peter panning on bricks in maps with tall structures. probably would require me to make a new shadow antialiasing algorithm (the fix i used to remove shadow artifacting caused by the antialiasing algorithm was to increase the bias which resulted in peter panning) and since i don't know the GLSL shadow tricks its going to be tough

download the new files here:
add-on: http://www.garycact.us/i/U2NlbmVyeQ/B_ILeKS2.zip
program (extract to Blockland/minimap/jars): http://www.garycact.us/i/U2NlbmVyeQ/moHp9i22.zip
Excellent! Thank you, those issues are fixed now.