Is There Some Sort of Program to Test Add-ons Before Adding Them to the Game?

Author Topic: Is There Some Sort of Program to Test Add-ons Before Adding Them to the Game?  (Read 2154 times)

It gets tedious to continuously close and reopen the game after every change I make to add-ons I am developing. I think I remember hearing something about a torque program that runs the add-on as a kind of preview to see how it would act ingame. Is there any program like this? If there are multiple, which one should I use?

In case anyone needs to know what I use, it's Blender and Notepad++.

you dont need to full restart blockland to test addons. script changes can be tested just by executing them ingame without a restart
ex:
exec(“Add-ons/Script_ChatSystem/file.cs”);

model and brick changes require a restart, as well as image states and certain player and vehicle fields.

if your script uses packages make sure you stick a deactivatepackage(); activatepackage(); in there so executing the add-on will properly update that shiittt

Testing the model and its animation can be done in a program called "Torque ShowTool Pro"

you dont need to full restart blockland to test addons. script changes can be tested just by executing them ingame without a restart
ex:
exec(“Add-ons/Script_ChatSystem/file.cs”);

model and brick changes require a restart, as well as image states and certain player and vehicle fields.

If it is put in a zip, he needs to rediscover the archive first before it will recognize that file being updated.

if your script uses packages make sure you stick a deactivatepackage(); activatepackage(); in there so executing the add-on will properly update that shiittt

I did this before and it worked alright. However, I found out (And other scripters noted) that deactivating is not needed. It will work anyway. It sure is good to do it anyway, just for precaution.

Testing the model and its animation can be done in a program called "Torque ShowTool Pro"

I'm starting to animate, so this will come in handy. Thank you. I think this was what I heard about.
As for everyone else, I was afraid I would have to learn console commands. thanks for answering.

It's literally one line of code, don't be afraid. It's very predictable

if you just rename the dts to something else it will load in mid game also

wait like, once you've spawned in 'mid game' or like, in the middle of starting the server loading process

while the game is running

just create datablocks as you please, will crash everyone else if there is other people on the server