Blockland should become free to play

Author Topic: Blockland should become free to play  (Read 3999 times)

What I dont understand is why users that have nothing to say other than "lol, games dead. Why try and make things better?" still stick around on the forums.
Are you just here for that epic community we have?
yea i keep seeing a lot of people like that and it's a little annoying. just enjoy what's left while you still can lol. either do that or leave

imagine making your current and only selling indie game f2p when people are still willing to and actually paying money for it

@Badspot ayo fam you need more more mods and i must say i can do a pretty good job ykno hmu

imagine making your current and only selling indie game f2p when people are still willing to and actually paying money for it

What I dont understand is why users that have nothing to say other than "lol, games dead. Why try and make things better?" still stick around on the forums.
Are you just here for that epic community we have?
going F2P at EoL is proven to be a huge waste of money. let evolve be our test subject on this one

I'm not even talking about going free to play. I don't think it's really the best option.
I'm talking about more moderators and better systems for new players. Something that makes the game price more appealing.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 09:15:19 PM by Mr.Noßody »

If he wanted the game to die, he could have pulled the plug on the master server long ago.
I doubt he wants the game to die. He most likely wants the community to stop being a tumor.

He said the master server costs next to nothing to maintain (probably because so few people actually play the game). It's probably worth it for the half a dozen sales he gets per year.

Also I'm pretty sure he said his website uses the same server that hosts blockland.

Remember v0002 was alive up to 2016 (it might still be up, that's just the last time I played it multiplayer).

Badspot can make a stuffton of money by making this game F2P. All of the old veterans will suffer from a superiority complex, so if Badspot adds hats that cost like 5 dollars each all old players will buy all of them to flex on the new F2P players.

Badspot can make a stuffton of money by making this game F2P. All of the old veterans will suffer from a superiority complex, so if Badspot adds hats that cost like 5 dollars each all old players will buy all of them to flex on the new F2P players.

^ this ^

It's the most very efficient model of making money out ot your games , make the game itself free, but cool freatures like extra character costumization paid.

Later you will see you will be making more money of this model than making money with the  game itself paid.

what
^ this ^

It's the most very efficient model of making money out ot your games , make the game itself free, but cool freatures like extra character costumization paid.

Later you will see you will be making more money of this model than making money with the  game itself paid.

uuuuhhhh

I mean, hey, if it means the addition of the fabled hat update for purchasable cosmetics...

Im sure there would be at-least a handful of people willing to moderate these forums. For instance, I personally wouldn't mind doing it.
Should I be given that kind of power though? No, probably not.

even if it was just moving/sorting topics to keep the forum more organized

It's not like you'd need the power to ban someone, moderation could be a simple as moving topics to the right category

stuff, Id sell my hats.

im on board with free blockland. just delete the forums too while you're at it so whats left of the community and any new members can migrate to reddit.

Oh yeah, move to reddit. That way any addon creators will get instantly banned for "self promotion".
Mmmmm, reddit is a good website.