Author Topic: Buying a house that someone died in; yay or nay?  (Read 3749 times)

If you make enough to handle constant upkeep then it shouldn't be a problem, but taking on a fixer-upper with barely any credit score to speak of is not really worth it in the long run

As a religious person, no. I actually do know some stories about areas which spiritual occurrences have happened. Demonic possession isn't real however, but the idea that things can move around at random actually can be real. Also if you've ever played with an oujia board in your life (something that is forbidden to people like me) then do not move into it at all. I know there are people here that will disagree with me and say that 'religion is all bullstuff' but this it's just what I believe in and you may not agree with it. But this is my take on it
You say you are a religious person but you believe that demonic possession is fake even though the holy bible has many accounts of people being possessed? Gee, thats sounds a bit contradictory - how can you call yourself a believer without understanding that angels and demons exist and are quite capable of maintaining a physical vessel?

ON TOPIC:
Take the house, it's a good deal - I doubt if anything unorthodox would happen but there is always a slight chance when deciding these things, most of the time it's nothing but you do have those rare occasions. I'd bet to say your o.k though if only one person died there....after all we're not talking about a property where there was Flash Mob or anything, right? I think it'd be a wise choice to take the property before someone else does
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 03:25:55 PM by Goth77 »

You say you are a religious person but you believe that demonic possession is fake even though the holy bible has many accounts of people being possessed? Gee, thats sounds a bit contradictory - how can you call yourself a believer without understanding that angels and demons exist and are quite capable of maintaining a physical vessel?

you dont have to believe everything the bible says to be religious

also what if hes not christian

you dont have to believe everything the bible says to be religious
Well then, I'd like to know what you use for your source of religion then (I assume your religion is christianity correct me if I am wrong)

"You don't need potatoes to make potato soup" pretty much sounds like you right about now

I don't think moving out with your buddy is a good idea, there are countless stories of things like this going sideways with the buddy going "I can't afford this month so I'll pay double next month" and stuff

I don't think moving out with your buddy is a good idea, there are countless stories of things like this going sideways with the buddy going "I can't afford this month so I'll pay double next month" and stuff
Molten is giving real world advice here, that stuff happens way too often - but if you are really good friends who both work/make $ you could probably work it out as long as the relationship/tenantship/BILLPAYING remains mutual or fair to both parties

Well then, I'd like to know what you use for your source of religion then (I assume your religion is christianity correct me if I am wrong)

"You don't need potatoes to make potato soup" pretty much sounds like you right about now

everything about this is funny to me

1. I'm not Christian
2. I'm Jewish, we don't believe in demonic possessions but we do believe in forms of spirits such as 'Dybbuks' which can cause weird occurrences but they can't posses a human. In Judaism we believe that if a demon was to posses a person, then it is basically saying that a demon has the same power as G-d. Therefore, demonic possession is not real
3. The "holy bible" is entirely based on our Torah (this isn't to offend anyone by the way)
4. Actually angels do exist, we place something called a 'mezuzah' on our walls which contains a script of the shema which is said to have angels guard our house from evil
5. 'Dybbuks' or evil spirits can appear if you go to a medium or play with an Oujia but stay away from Oujias and if you want a message from a spirit a medium will approach you with one

Why is that?
because you're a motherloving laughing stock and the only person on this planet who takes you seriously is yourself

because you're a motherloving laughing stock and the only person on this planet who takes you seriously is yourself
lol!

1. I'm not Christian
2. I'm Jewish, we don't believe in demonic possessions but we do believe in forms of spirits such as 'Dybbuks' which can cause weird occurrences but they can't posses a human. In Judaism we believe that if a demon was to posses a person, then it is basically saying that a demon has the same power as G-d. Therefore, demonic possession is not real
3. The "holy bible" is entirely based on our Torah (this isn't to offend anyone by the way)
4. Actually angels do exist, we place something called a 'mezuzah' on our walls which contains a script of the shema which is said to have angels guard our house from evil
5. 'Dybbuks' or evil spirits can appear if you go to a medium or play with an Oujia but stay away from Oujias and if you want a message from a spirit a medium will approach you with one
The holy bible isn't entirely based on the torah as far as I am aware it only contains the first 5 books
I'm not jewish but I've read some of the Tanakh converted to plain english, it's a very interesting read when you compare it to other translated scriptures such as the KJV bible; it really shows you how one little word translated wrong can make a big difference in the meaning of the entire verse. Anyways, sorry for coming off as offensive I was just confused as to how someone could be religious without believing that demonic possession is possible. Spiritually, I believe that demonic possession can happen, but only if that person is willing to be possessed, kind of like hypnotism

All that aside, I'd say buy the house if it's a good deal as long as there isn't too much remodeling/fixing up to do

I cant see repairs being a huge cost
probably a couple thousand to 5k depending onthe damage, maybe more if the shotgun damaged internal piping or wiring