i just had a gum graft done, ama

Author Topic: i just had a gum graft done, ama  (Read 1144 times)

How it feels to chew five gums

How it feels to chew five gums
how it feels to eat nothing but yogurt all day

does it hurt? Where did they take it from? I might have to get one because my front teeth stick out sideways. I've been putting it off

Result of chewing tobaccy or hwat?
it was just how my gums were, idk the reason

does it hurt? Where did they take it from? I might have to get one because my front teeth stick out sideways. I've been putting it off
no, it didn't hurt during the operation, time went by so fast, you could even notice anything at all. they put this putty in my mouth to guard the operation areas, and i hate it, its hard to eat anything. i got this pain medication, but when the numbing wore off it was extreme pain. but when i was due for more meds, it didn't really hurt. they took the gum from under the roof of my mouth, and if your gonna get braces you need to get a gum graft. if you wanna get a really good operation, you have to spend quite a lot of money, it was like 2200 in total i think. but i would get one, the receding gum line might get worse.

legit didn't even know that gum grafts were a thing. i always thought that once the gums were gone, you were forgeted

legit didn't even know that gum grafts were a thing. i always thought that once the gums were gone, you were forgeted

i had a bone graft because a tumor ate my skull  :cookieMonster:.

im sure what OP had done was they took a sample of his gums, grew it in a petri dish, and stitched that stuff in place. for me it was years of operations to get the tumor to be at a good size to scoop out, bone graft, wait for that to heal for another 3 years, get the screws out.

question for OP: what meds you on? you on any opiates, or are you avoiding those at all costs? for my other operations i've got hydros in the past but recently my screw removal was tylenol-3.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 08:05:04 PM by TomTheGeek² »

years of operations to get the tumor to be at a good size to scoop out
all i can think of is them using a loving spoon to do this im so sorry

also tylenol-3 is the stuff. im basically immune to most off the shelf painkillers because im a genetic mess and tylenol-3 is like, one of the first things that worked for me

Dang I think I remember your topic about that how long ago was that? they like went in through the nose right?

*Shudder*

im sure what OP had done was they took a sample of his gums, grew it in a petri dish, and stitched that stuff in place. for me it was years of operations to get the tumor to be at a good size to scoop out, bone graft, wait for that to heal for another 3 years, get the screws out.

question for OP: what meds you on? you on any opiates, or are you avoiding those at all costs? for my other operations i've got hydros in the past but recently my screw removal was tylenol-3.
im not sure, it was prescribed. a bone graft sounds terrifying aswell

update: i was eating mashed up gravy biscuits and then the putty/dressing in my mouth fell out. it was where they took out the gum, and i can feel the sutures. it was loose before then, but if you get one, dont play with it. im extremely fidgety, so i kinda just kept pushing it back and forth with my tounge.
btw if you get one, you will be miserable. you cant eat anything, only soft bland stuff. waffles will save your life, as they're the only "meal" that isn't bland.