projectile events for bots.

Author Topic: projectile events for bots.  (Read 2038 times)

So one thing I noticed is that most projectile events actually don't work for bots.

For example I have a skeleton bot, I need to set a silver bullet projectile to deal x20 more damage to it.

Why not just code it to deal 20x damage lol

Why not just code it to deal 20x damage lol

Because the silver bullets have to deal 20x damage to a specific bot not all bots

so then code it to deal 20x damage to bots with the name 'skeleton'

so then code it to deal 20x damage to bots with the name 'skeleton'

But I only want it to deal 20x damage to specific skeletons that I evented, not all skeletons.

then name the skeletons you want to take 20x damage 'skeleton_weakagainstsilver' and code it to deal 20 damage to those ones

Alright good idea.

Now I just need to make like 100 botholes with different names.

Skeleton_weakagainstsilver

ghost_weakagainstmagicmissile

goblin_weakagainstsword

knight_strongagainstsword

knight_weakagainstmagicmissil e

bigknight_weakagainstblahblah blahblahblah

And then I gotta loving go in and code each loving projectile to do extra damage to those loving bot names.

So at the end of the loving day I'm going to need about 100 special projectiles just for 100 differently named bot holes.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:18:36 PM by King Tøny »

Your solution is not going to be helpful and in fact it's more counter productive.

The simple solution here is to have a loving event that allows me to do more damage with a certain projectile on the loving bot I evented.

I don't want to have a loving thousand bot names and a loving thousand projectile names. What's wrong with a loving event that simplifies this bullstuff?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 03:15:15 PM by King Tøny »

So can someone here please make projectile events work for bots.

It would save people countless hours of the hassle of loving creating thousands of projectiles and botholes.

Through events someone would have to make an input event for each and every projectile. If you have 100 projectiles, that's 100 input events. Talk about counter productive

if onBotProjectile is made and supported vce then it could possibly check projectile type using vce stuff, and use ifVariableTrue/False to do stuff like extra damage on hit

Through events someone would have to make an input event for each and every projectile. If you have 100 projectiles, that's 100 input events. Talk about counter productive

What the forget are you talking about?

Because last I recall spawnprojectile events don't need someone to make an input for each and every loving projectile.

So why would this be any different?

if onBotProjectile is made and supported vce then it could possibly check projectile type using vce stuff, and use ifVariableTrue/False to do stuff like extra damage on hit

I would be fine with that but there is no onbot projectile events.

This is an output event for bots which sets the bot's weaknesses against projectiles.
First field is the name of the projectile, as an example, the projectile for Gun is gunProjectile.
Second field is multiplier. 1 is normal damage, 2 is double damage, 3 is triple damage and so on..
Values between 0 and 1 means that the bot will take reduced damage, having the value negative will heal the bot instead.
Supports multiple weaknesses on same bot.

Here: Removed Link
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 12:57:54 PM by Revive »