Celau - bear with me here

Author Topic: Celau - bear with me here  (Read 24929 times)

Really can't understand the mob mentality against this dude, sure he did some bad stuff no doubt; but he's done. Why continue harping about him?
attention

because people secretly enjoy drawn out stufffits in drama despite acting like they don't

Really can't understand the mob mentality against this dude, sure he did some bad stuff no doubt; but he's done. Why continue harping about him?
Done as in he's gone now, whether he learns from his mistakes who knows; might take some pure just getting older for that. People typically drop their dumb stuff once they balls up a little
there are several reasons

for one, badspot's lax policies means that, for anything immoral/unacceptable that doesn't fall under the purview of actually getting banned from using the forum itself, the community basically has to socially ostracise people in order to self-moderate, since we don't really have any other tools.  it's the entire reason that the drama board exists -- to discuss, and warn other users about, problem people in the community and what to do with them.  it's far from perfect, but it's how this forum manages itself, since community control isn't directly possible unless either rot and komp decide to go above and beyond to ban legitimately awful people or badspot himself decides he needs to give slightly more of a stuff about his community

it's a lot to do with the first point but i figured this was a strong enough point to be seperate: a continued discussion of what he's done so far serves to remind him that we still know who he is, and what he's done.  knowing that your reputation can never be repaired is an important step to maturing as a human being; while that isn't our obligation, per se, obviously a person who's destroyed their reputation still needs to see that their reputation is destroyed.  knowing that tends to be enough for a good number of at least somewhat sane people to think "this is not a place that i feel welcome."  again, not perfect at all -- we have plenty of problem users who don't give a stuff about feeling welcome, their whole point of being here is to be the opposite (as antagonistic as possible), but people tend to act as if dealing with people, not grossly distorted facsimiles of people.

and last, but not least,
attention
because people secretly enjoy drawn out stufffits in drama despite acting like they don't
we human beings like to feel vindicated and empathised with; we bond over the things we hate.  not inherently a good thing, of course, but that's human nature.

oftentimes i used to feel similar to how you do whenever i made mistakes and bad decisions and was an starfish, and just continuously got called out for it when i wanted to move on.  still do, sometimes.  i realise now, though, that the real reason people do that (besides this very point in action) is because not everyone can, or wants to, move on after the initial outcast.  plenty of people get the wrong idea and return because they feel wronged in some warped way, or simply have an overpowering desire for revenge.  plenty more still just don't learn, or just don't care.  it serves as a warning that you don't get easy one-and-done "punishments" for being an starfish -- the repercussions have to linger, like a scar exactly where you left it.  you can't just come back to the same community, even if you have truly changed for the better, and expect that community to welcome you with open arms.  learning to accept that and build upon the reputation you have now is an important lesson in life.

t;dr
1. it's how drama works because badspot hardly gives half a stuff beyond the most mechanical to-the-letter interpretations of his own rules so we have to govern ourselves
2. showing him his actions have lingering consequences dissuades him from behaving poorly (or just coming back at all) in the future
3. bonding time for us because we're human and those do that

BOND WITH ME, JIMMY

celau: *chokes kid*
postal: i dont think hes bad guys
celau: *makes roblox phishing site to scam people*
postal: i think he just has some bad habits
celau: *manipulates and backstabs friends*
postal: I don't think he's a bad person at heart, yeah..

Done as in he's gone now, whether he learns from his mistakes who knows; might take some pure just getting older for that. People typically drop their dumb stuff once they balls up a little

some of u lads need to be less black and white

t;dr
1. it's how drama works because badspot hardly gives half a stuff beyond the most mechanical to-the-letter interpretations of his own rules so we have to govern ourselves
2. showing him his actions have lingering consequences dissuades him from behaving poorly (or just coming back at all) in the future
But he left like a week ago lol, so you aren't showing him anything. The only purpose of continually posting in this thread to say whatever stuff you have to say about him is to make yourself feel good.

But he left like a week ago lol, so you aren't showing him anything. The only purpose of continually posting in this thread to say whatever stuff you have to say about him is to make yourself feel good.
let someone else argue about this one mate. you brought up a PM from 5 months ago on a resolved issue that was annoying other users just to have a new topic to argue about.

Why post this now, in this thread? It's not like this is uncharacteristically unfair treatment from the forum. It really comes off as if you're arguing for the sake of it, because you had no stake in this topic previously.

ill stop fragging celau when you guys give me my burger

ill send you pennies in the mail so you can buy your stuff burger

let someone else argue about this one mate. you brought up a PM from 5 months ago on a resolved issue that was annoying other users just to have a new topic to argue about.
I brought that up to make the point that you take to other forms of reaching people to continue your arguments, here you are proving that again. Don't take this out of context man.

Why post this now, in this thread? It's not like this is uncharacteristically unfair treatment from the forum. It really comes off as if you're arguing for the sake of it, because you had no stake in this topic previously.
I'm not saying it's unfair, I'm saying it's pointless. And I have had stake here, I've posted in this topic a few times.

Just because I've never made the point before for anyone else (even though I am pretty sure I have, but can't prove this) does not mean I have not held this stance without saying anything. I intended to make that point and stop checking in, but as a habit I did check in and saw replies to me specifically so I felt obliged to reply and explain myself. Sorry, I really didn't mean to start anything with that.

maybe don't be a handicapped whitey boer

Found the most incriminating piece of information about Celau yet

He likes cum.