Why u shuld all installation Linix rn, tbh

Poll

Are you?

Yes
5 (26.3%)
I am the magical chromosome genie, 43 end me.
5 (26.3%)
No
9 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Why u shuld all installation Linix rn, tbh  (Read 5130 times)

From my experience literally all arch users are nearly tin-foil hatters. Go and ask them, they think everything is spyware and their server OS protects them somehow
lol if they were a tinfoil hatter they wouldn't be using a distro that includes non-free binary blobs, they'd be using something like parabola instead. I just use linux because it's what my uni uses for all of my work anyway, and I've realised that there's nothing special about windows that linux can't do for me. i guess if i was a gaymer that would be different, but that's why dual booting exists i guess.

hey, if you use these you're going to the gulag:
arch
manjaro
debian
raspian
manjaro is literal trash but arch/debian/raspbian are fine and i use them regularly
send me to the gulag you nerd
if you use linux forget you and your family that probably treats you like an outcast
ok

I've tried Linux before on my laptop, ElementaryOS (Ubuntu based) to be specific. Was gr8 but quickly got annoyed with how everything was installed / configured on there (through therminal), and the games I like aren't on Linux, and wine didn't work for stuff

I've tried Linux before on my laptop, ElementaryOS (Ubuntu based) to be specific. Was gr8 but quickly got annoyed with how everything was installed / configured on there (through therminal), and the games I like aren't on Linux, and wine didn't work for stuff

Things have, and continue to greatly improve.

The graphical app manager in distros like elementary and mint have greatly improved, and as has been said, proton is great. Even Wine has gotten much better. I recommend that anyone trying Linux try a few different  distros.

I think I may do an actual report on the current usability of Linux as a whole. It has changed a lot in just the last 2-3 years.

hey, if you use these you're going to the gulag:
arch
manjaro
debian
raspian

why would you put debian on there? it's one of the most standard distros

i really don't understand linux's purpose on this planet. its basically an incomplete operating system that everyone flocks to for some random ass reason. the entire operating system is one big low level console that 90% of linux users have no idea how to operate anyways but the 10% take the liberty to design higher level interfaces for the other 90% that think they're smart or something but are just incredibly loving dumb. the saddest part is that that 10% are hobbyist programmers which means they're almost guaranteed to have some form of autism or ADD and be a huge unironic nerd which is why every linux mod looks like some hacker paradise.

I dont understand it. Just use windows or apple, like it does literally everything faster and supports more stuff. The linux end user isn't some top hackerman, they're just skiddies who want to pretend like they are and install their hyper aesthetic slick ui

like what the forget is this?

how much of this information is important to anyone? how many memory leaks are you battling on your day to day exploration of linux?
thats really all there is to it. im gonna create my own distro called Cactius and all the window uis are going to be transparent and use courier for all text on every window and the wallpaper is going to be a low-poly cactus in a low poly desert rendered in blender in 10 minutes and embedded in the sand there's gonna be meters that show your blood sugar level and a radial dial that controls your AC in the bedroom. And then i'll get a million loving downloads because linux users are loving hacks with no purpose in life

if you use linux forget you and your family that probably treats you like an outcast

ah yes nice meaningless input

ah yes nice meaningless input
the best take from my post is to never install linux you techy trog

there was no takeaway from your post, all you post is wordy contrarian garbage

there was no takeaway from your post, all you post is wordy contrarian garbage
explain to me one good PRACTICAL reason to use linux over windows or apple

because you said not to

Supports the workflow of programmers better, and the amount of poweruser optimization available is many times greater. I still don't think linux is quite there yet for run of the mill users, but some distros are very close.

if somebody else uses ur computer they'll be confused by the UI and won't be able to find your stash of weird research

Supports the workflow of programmers better, and the amount of poweruser optimization available is many times greater. I still don't think linux is quite there yet for run of the mill users, but some distros are very close.
in what ways are the workflows different in linux than apple or windows? if you use exclusively like java or C# or lua then how is it better or worse