Why u shuld all installation Linix rn, tbh

Poll

Are you?

Yes
5 (26.3%)
I am the magical chromosome genie, 43 end me.
5 (26.3%)
No
9 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: Why u shuld all installation Linix rn, tbh  (Read 5269 times)

WHAT DO YOU USE LINUX FOR
operating system development, graphics programming, driver dev, and web dev mostly
Did you actually just take one peek at visual studio and dismiss it instantaneously?

https://code.visualstudio.com/
I've used visual studio in a professional development setting(for about 3 years), I know enough about it to say its a buggy, piece of stuff software that is so incomplete it needs 30 million plugins to work correctly at all in any workplace.

if you want an brown townogy: its missing so many features that it's like if I sold you a car without mirrors, wheels or windows

you guys can't argue this I swear to god, if any of you have any real world experience I can tell you that i've never need anyone use windows for anything other than windows based development. every single software engineer I know uses linux or mac, it's indisputably better
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 08:32:41 PM by Aide33 »

WHAT DO YOU USE LINUX FOR
I use it to dev for Linux servers. Also because it costs nothing, it's cut down, stable, efficient, and does everything I want and nothing I don't. But that's just me.

I've used visual studio in a professional development setting(for about 3 years), I know enough about it to say its a buggy, piece of stuff software that is so incomplete it needs 30 million plugins to work correctly at all in any workplace.

if you want an brown townogy: its missing so many features that it's like if I sold you a car without mirrors, wheels or windows
>>buggy, piece of stuff software
what part of it is buggy or piece of stuff. i don't even need one plugin to have it working absolutely fine

operating system development, graphics programming, driver dev, and web dev mostly
there it is fellas. operating system development. driver dev. web dev.
10%
as i said before, you only use linux if you develop for linux. nothing else. web dev is the only area where linux is actually better than windows or mac

remember when having braincells was cool?

i member

I use it to dev for Linux servers. Also because it costs nothing, it's cut down, stable, efficient, and does everything I want and nothing I don't. But that's just me.
server dev is the only area i see linux being actually applicable. linux is cut down in the sense that they removed all of the overhead of a functioning user interface because they expect their end user to sacrifice easy platform use for low level command line tweaking and stuff. as i said in my first post in this entire thread, linux is for people who are either so smart that they develop for linux, or want to pretend they are that smart by making a hassle for themselves and creating loving folders using command line magic instead of just right clicking and selecting new folder like 99% of all sane computer operators

server dev is the only area i see linux being actually applicable. linux is cut down in the sense that they removed all of the overhead of a functioning user interface because they expect their end user to sacrifice easy platform use for low level command line tweaking and stuff. as i said in my first post in this entire thread, linux is for people who are either so smart that they develop for linux, or want to pretend they are that smart by making a hassle for themselves and creating loving folders using command line magic instead of just right clicking and selecting new folder like 99% of all sane computer operators
imagine being this contrarian that using actually good tools is a bad thing

imagine being this contrarian that using actually good tools is a bad thing
your 'good tools' only help you stuff out more linux related content. in that sense they're good for linux only and nothing else. imagine if i stuff on unreal's blueprint visual scripting because it didn't have blockland's essential onActivate events and then proceeded to say how limited half baked this vastly superior visual scripting language was because it didnt work for blockland. thats you right now.

I don't like linux because its users are pretentious skiddies, not because linux doesn't do good at development for windows. You don't like windows because it doesn't have the same backwards ass workflow that is used in linux development.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 08:43:07 PM by PhantOS »

We can argue all day about this. I already know that you have made up your mind. You will not be swayed and such is your right to have an opinion. But please don't try to dissuade new user from trying Linux. In that long run OS's don't even matter that much.

anyone who makes a conscious decision to use linux is filtering themselves out of relevance and in that sense i am happy they are switching to linux. im glad all the people who love to wake up in the morning and turn on their computer to this stuff

are staying in their respective cesspool where they can continue to download linux-only yukichan hacker consoles and stupid ass ssh batch files as far away as possible from my windows 10 operating system. I have no problem with linux developers because obviously they're really smart and awesome at what they do. I just don't like interacting with the other 90% of linux users who think that using linux gives them 20+ intelligence points passively. Because if you fall in that category of people you have a set pretentious personality. Master matthew is a great example of this demographic

you are actually handicapped if you dont use the right tools for the job, im not trying to persuade you into using linux, but you obviously have brain damage and im sorry

like who hurt you phantos

you are actually handicapped if you dont use the right tools for the job, im not trying to persuade you into using linux, but you obviously have brain damage and im sorry
i just said i have no problem with using linux for linux development or server/web programming. linux is an operating system designed solely for developers while mac and windows are designed for consumers. i just dont like the non-developers that stick around on linux for no loving reason

like who hurt you phantos
i met some guy in high school who had autism and would always slip in some smartass comment about the computers he was using in class aren't as good as his custom linux laptop. he actually brought it to school one day and took notes only in the command line terminal and wrote some completely fake save command that i know as a mac user isnt valid unix syntax and closed his stuff down and made some comment on how he took notes efficiently. since then i've just given up on linux users entirely

im guessing the majority of you forgeters aren't that bad but using command line for everyday loving tasks like creating or saving files really pisses me the forget off. you're either using command line for important stuff or you're wasting your computer's potential on an underperforming OS and keeping your desktop looking pretty with some transparent glass theme like a whole tool
« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 08:59:09 PM by PhantOS »

Wtf, did I accidentally make a linux megathread?

Wtf, did I accidentally make a linux megathread?
Disregarding PhantOS, is that a bad thing?