Author Topic: Portal halp  (Read 3514 times)

Whenever I get into test chamber 3 or four I crash with a blue screen of death, I updated my graphics driver I cleared out a large amount of space in my C drive and yet it happens. Judging by Bananas reaction to when i told him what it is, I think its that and if it is, hao2get new graphics driver for XP.

You need more RAM, probably.

hao2upgrade RAM? Just wondering if I could call Dell for an RAM upgrade or not D:
I have 0.99GB of RAM, is that bad?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 01:38:10 AM by Shadow Ninja »

What type of computer do you have.
How much ram does it have at the moment.

I have a Latitude 520 Windows XP Professional, what do you mean by at the moment exactly?

How much ram is in your computer.

That's about what I have, I can run it okay (a little laggy) with my ATI FireMV 2200 GFX card. Try turning down the Graphics settings a bit.

I've got 512mb of RAM, I can run portal nicely. Tell us the error message you get with the BSOD, bad drivers tend to do something clever to get their device on the device stack, making stuff break and jump. Bogus RAM tends to burn stuff out, capacitor ageing can affect performance too.

It says call my computer administrater to see if my graphics driver is up to date and I just updated it then try to empty out space in my C drive, then it says now performing physical memory dump, physical memory dump complete.
All of this confuses me because I updated my graphics driver and I emptied out 12GB of bullstuff out of my C drive.