Upgrading pc soon

Author Topic: Upgrading pc soon  (Read 2534 times)

the problem with the FX processors is that there are processors at similar prices that perform way better.
exactly

your brother is paying for your parts????????
Well he wants to upgrade too so we need advice
your brother is stupid.
Thanks for the constructive criticism just because we are wanting to upgrade a computer to something better

Well he wants to upgrade too so we need advice
At the very least, get this instead of an FX and 212

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 3 2200G 3.5 GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($93.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 33 CPU Cooler  ($28.89 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($68.88 @ OutletPC)
Memory: ADATA - XPG GAMMIX D10 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($79.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $271.75
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-29 15:35 EDT-0400
You need a better CPU, and a better CPU without breaking the bank is going to have to be a Ryzen CPU, and Ryzen isn't compatible with DDR3 ram. Skip buying a fan to save money and get the cheapest DDR4 ram you can find. Like he said, get 2x4 if 2x8 will break the bank.

Thanks for the constructive criticism just because we are wanting to upgrade a computer to something better
why are you being handicapped

nice job cutting out the rest of my post, and ignoring my other posts, which are constructive and trying to help you not get an ass system

i thought ur brother was like super rich

i thought ur brother was like super rich
forget off, you always say I humble brag or whatever and always go at people when it’s the cool thing to do

nice job cutting out the rest of my post, and ignoring my other posts, which are constructive and trying to help you not get an ass system
I read the rest but I just didn’t really like that you went at my brother for finding and suggesting we upgrade parts

I’ve been looking at benchmarks and whatnot and I just generally think the FX is a decent option for me, it’s outdated sure but I have a loving pentium g series right now, so anything will do, but it’s sucks the hardware is so old

I also compared the benchmarks to the i7 2600 you talked about earlier and the FX beat it in stress testing, got to look into the ryzen though

sell more dogs    :cookieMonster:

I’ve been looking at benchmarks and whatnot and I just generally think the FX is a decent option for me, it’s outdated sure but I have a loving pentium g series right now, so anything will do, but it’s sucks the hardware is so old

I also compared the benchmarks to the i7 2600 you talked about earlier and the FX beat it in stress testing, got to look into the ryzen though
the point is that for the same $$ you can upgrade to something far better, not that its not an upgrade. dont fall into the trap of getting too defensive about your initial decisions just cause of what other people say/what their tone of voice is.

if you can see that its outdated, why are you still choosing it?

Alright I’ve started looking at a few ryzens like the ryzen 7 1700, looks good but I’ll have to make some long stretches to get it and other parts

given that you'll probably be using this computer for a long time post-upgrade, minor trouble and budget increases should be worth it. there's no reason to skimp on something that you plan on using for years to come.

stress tests don't mean stuff compared to actual real world usage and gaming benchmarks. Don't pick and choose lmfao

What benchmarks are you looking at, because going with FX is going to set you up for some extreme disappointment in the near future

Anyways, exactly what parts do you already have
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 08:17:57 PM by Insert Name Here² »

Everything that’s in the op, just replace motherboard and cpu with the g3258 and ECS H81

Since you already have a 4th gen Intel board, why not get a used i7, 16gb DDR3, and the Arctic cooler I suggested? It'll most likely cost the same as an FX + new board + possible new RAM + cooler, and perform a stuffload better

There are only a few i7s that aren’t stuff for the LGA1150 socket, what about an i5 4690/70?