Does drawing anthropomorphic art count as being a furry?

Author Topic: Does drawing anthropomorphic art count as being a furry?  (Read 2641 times)

Whether it be a few instances or all the time?

/Discuss

(Also, I don't wanna add a poll because I feel a yes or no question would be extremely vague, and given that there are multiple circumstances that could broaden the person's view on the matter, such as being commissioned to draw art that features anthropomorphic characters.)

All the time? Probably

But then again, can you really call the creators of the Looney Tunes and creators of similar casts of anthropomorphic animals 'furries' just because they drew those all the time?

I mean, I thought the definition of a furry was a person who dressed in a fursuit

I mean, I thought the definition of a furry was a person who dressed in a fursuit
fursuits are gay

I'd say it depends whether or not themselves or their art is associated with the fandom in the first place.

depends if the artist themselves is a furry or not

if it includes subway-sandwich-censorship then yes

Yes
But what if it was only one time and it was for someone else?

But what if it was only one time and it was for someone else?
no if it's for someone else
if it's for yourself then you are a furry

the definition is whatever you want at this point. some say just looking at art makes you a furry while others say owning 5 fursuits makes you one - the definition is really vague

i'd say it counts if the art in question is either based on an animal/creature irl or has animal like features which is why the term was coined in the first place, otherwise they're sorta just fictional characters