Epic Games Store discussion thread

Author Topic: Epic Games Store discussion thread  (Read 6900 times)

I don't get it, guys.

Its just another launcher. I wont say I really like Epic Games or its platform, but oh the forget well?
Its PC. ALL of us already have other launchers. Its not a big deal tbh.

I don't get it, guys.

Its just another launcher. I wont say I really like Epic Games or its platform, but oh the forget well?
Its PC. ALL of us already have other launchers. Its not a big deal tbh.
if it was "just another launcher who gives a stuff" then this discussion thread and community uproar wouldn't exist dinglehead

The community uproar exists because people love to spread fak information about epic games' totally reasonable data collection and their completely regular exclusive deals which literally every platform already does

Am I the only one who doesn't care about data collection? Don't get me wrong, credit cards, passwords, and other SENSITIVE info is awful, but if its just stuff to sell to advertisers its not much of a big deal to me tbh.
AFAIK, all the social media platforms we ALL use, Google and other search engines do this.

Hey phantos how much lean has epic sent you in the mail?

Am I the only one who doesn't care about data collection? Don't get me wrong, credit cards, passwords, and other SENSITIVE info is awful, but if its just stuff to sell to advertisers its not much of a big deal to me tbh.
AFAIK, all the social media platforms we ALL use, Google and other search engines do this.
this was basically my argument. steam collects the same amount of data as epic and also had security leaks in the past too but nobody actually questions it but epic is apparently super scummy and untrustworthy because the ceo's grandma is married to a manager at Tencent or some dumb stuff

Hey phantos how much lean has epic sent you in the mail?
a lot

reminder that steam doesn't have security breaches that even gets passed 2 factor authentication literally nonstop, if you have an epic games acc, you're at risk lol

steam purist bitches be whinin about epic games stuffty launcher but hol up fellas i gotta launch origin so i can play plants vs zombies garden warfare 2 with my cousin

ey im fine with having to use uplay / origin, just epic game's stuff forget security and trying to make every new game exclusive to them and them only sucks richard

I wouldn't be against them if their security wasn't piss stuff

Any platform that is anti Linux is the good guy. Keeping all the self righteous Linux cigarettes out of my rocket league matches is the kind of progress I like to hear. Epic now has my full support
says the brother that models in sketchup then rigs it in unity 🤢🤢

honestly epic launcher is loving garbage.

its taking me 10 minutes to download 300 mb of updates because the stupid ass launcher only downloads in these short bursts. this has been happening ever since i started using it literally a year ago.

honestly epic launcher is loving garbage.

its taking me 10 minutes to download 300 mb of updates because the stupid ass launcher only downloads in these short bursts. this has been happening ever since i started using it literally a year ago.
i actually get this with steam where it'll download like 5mb and then go to 0 bytes for about 20 seconds. its super strange, think it might have to do with the update architecture

I wouldn't be against them if their security wasn't piss stuff
its not. steam had a leak about the same size as epic games a few years ago. the problem with writing good security is that it takes like 10 million dollars and 3 years of development.

steam's 2 step verification was a direct response to a huge account breach. even then to make a better security system you have to collect like 3x more data from users. if you look at websites like blockland or epic games they require nothing but an email and a password which can be brute forced in a week. but you aren't giving badspot your mobile phone number so he can verify your account.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 09:43:51 PM by PhantOS »

don't forget guys, it's completely reasonable to support anti-consumer tactics, then bitch when they only get worse.

let me just play devils advocate lul