Author Topic: Player name display VCE vars  (Read 1348 times)

Sorry if I'm being an idiot, but is there a way for me to display VCE variables through player names, (like visible names)
If not, can someone kindly please tell me how to, or very generously make something that allows something like that. Thanks!

i kind of remember badspot disabling changing player names

if you do have a way to do it, i'm pretty sure the variables are stored on the client/player and arn't too hard to find with .dump()

someone posted a bot name-setting addon a while back with the password, you could check that code and see how names are set on players properly

i feel if badspot wasn't against that he would just remove the password?

i feel if badspot wasn't against that he would just remove the password?
hes been gone for so long i think he stopped caring if people spoof others on servers. the password has been a sort of open secret for years by now anyways

I need VCE variables to be displayed. Also yeah the bot AIShapname event is functioning.

if you don't want to use .dump(), can you be more specific so somebody else can?
which variables?

pretty sure client variables are always stored in the brick group of whoever is hosting the build, or it may be flipped and it's the client's brick group with the host's number

in my case though, i clicked a brick that set client variable duck to 5, and then ran this
Code: [Select]
$c = findClientByName("phflack"); //returned 11237
echo($c.brickGroup.varGroup.valueClient_11237_duck); //printed 5

found it pretty easily with $c.dump();, $c.brickGroup.dump();, and $c.brickGroup.varGroup.dump();
i'd recommend testing with multiple people to see if all variables are on one brick group (which i kind of remember it being that way)

pretty sure client variables are always stored in the brick group of whoever is hosting the build, or it may be flipped and it's the client's brick group with the host's number

in my case though, i clicked a brick that set client variable duck to 5, and then ran this
Code: [Select]
$c = findClientByName("phflack"); //returned 11237
echo($c.brickGroup.varGroup.valueClient_11237_duck); //printed 5
How would I implement this in my server, a server.cs?

i think he's telling you how you can debug to find the client fields

I'm pretty sure the variables are stored in the brick group of the owner of the brick.

phflack is talking to whoever might decide to code this addon, explaining how you might figure out how the variables are stored and thus how you can get the values to display