210% Shook AF: Have to Reapply to my Job

Author Topic: 210% Shook AF: Have to Reapply to my Job  (Read 1082 times)

So, the franchise that owned the store I work at was bought out/merged with another company. Now everyone has to reapply to their jobs.

As if that wasn't enough of a pain, after reapplying, we have to do the prerequisite forms online.

I hate tax forms. Most of the time, they're poorly explained, and very little help is given. So naturally, when I got to the W-4 form, I had a mental breakdown, followed immediately by the site the system is hosted on going down for maintenance, leaving me unable to even try to complete it.

May the over-complicated Amarican bureaucracy burn in hell for all eternity.

Can you mention what company this was? Or is it all hush hush?

Can you mention what company this was? Or is it all hush hush?
I'm not going to give the exact company names, but I haven't exactly made it a secret that I work a stuffty job at a Taco Bell.

I'm not going to give the exact company names, but I haven't exactly made it a secret that I work a stuffty job at a Taco Bell.
gotem

i thought the tax forms always had instructions to do them step by step?
or is that only the w2

or is that only the w2

Most people use Turbo Tax lmfao

or is that only the w2
The W-4 is the tax withholding form. No, there are no real instructions. Just a description of what is is/does.

The W-4 is the tax withholding form. No, there are no real instructions. Just a description of what is is/does.

i mean there's different tax forms. normal jobs that require you to punch in and show up are usually form-1040. form-1099 is the dumbass one where you have to post 20% of your earnings to the IRS when it's tax time.

or is that only the w2
the tax forms i had to fill out for my job were really confusing tbh, but it was also my first time doing government paperwork like that/getting a job in general so it may have partially been confusing because i didn't know what i was doing

i mean there's different tax forms. normal jobs that require you to punch in and show up are usually form-1040. form-1099 is the dumbass one where you have to post 20% of your earnings to the IRS when it's tax time.
It's not explicitly 20% anymore. That's what the W-4 is for.

Unfortunately they  just give you the digital form with no guidance on what to put.

amusing how there's no guidance in any except the w2, while the w2 is extremely well guided