first img of black hole released

Author Topic: first img of black hole released  (Read 2930 times)

actual question, this from some kinda special camera that only detects a specific wavelength or somethin
I'm not too sure but to get a good enough resolution for the photograph 8 large telescopes from laboratories all over the world had to join to together which basically made a giant telescope spanning the width of nearly the entire Earth

I'm not too sure but to get a good enough resolution for the photograph 8 large telescopes from laboratories all over the world had to join to together which basically made a giant telescope spanning the width of nearly the entire Earth
I know they did that, but this image is through some wavelength though. X-ray? Radio?

actual question, this from some kinda special camera that only detects a specific wavelength or somethin
https://youtu.be/zUyH3XhpLTo

I know they did that, but this image is through some wavelength though. X-ray? Radio?
I'd say radio waves, I'm not sure how x-ray would work for something like that

Video describing what the image depicts:

actual question, this from some kinda special camera that only detects a specific wavelength or somethin right
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/event-horizon-telescope-black-hole-picture

Radiowaves are correct. They essentially turned the Earth into one big telescope, using varying techniques on the planet at different times and locations to create this image. The cool thing about this too is the fact that it lines up with Einstein's general relativity theory.

actual question, this from some kinda special camera that only detects a specific wavelength or somethin right

It was captured using a Aremacpussaoytuhsaggin camera. Very high tech.

is that a gif or am i hallucinating

maybe it’s just  a really big planet
oh stuff! move over elon musk, we got a new big brain in town!

Dummies couldn't even focus the shot. Cmon guys!

Okay so it was radiowave I got it

The memes are here.

did they intentionally pick a black hole with light around it so it wouldn't be a photo of nothingness

did they intentionally pick a black hole with light around it so it wouldn't be a photo of nothingness
well, yeah. that's the purpose of seeing a black hole. if there's nothing around a black hole how are you gonna see it? you can tell something's there without light but uhhh, you won't be able to see it.