Not stuff zombies minigame?

Author Topic: Not stuff zombies minigame?  (Read 2258 times)

/title

Been wanting to make a zombies dm style server, and I need a good zombie bot addon that isn't the normal one with waves and stuff, that's not what I want

What are my options?

There's a couple obvious limitations here between bot lag and blockland's nonexistent ai pathing. It would probably be easier to just make a new system from scratch. What exactly are you looking for? How and where would zombies spawn? What would they do once they've spawned, and what do they do when they die?

use the zombie mod by gravity cat, except use these zombies
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=319311.0

otherwise, it's more or less just using various player types to make interesting encounters since there isn't anything much you can change with bot ai

BTW the server I'm gonna be hosting is like a post-apoc style "survival" server (pretty much find a gun and try not to die), with a bunch of zombies scattered around the map as obstacles. I should've specified earlier in OP

use the zombie mod by gravity cat, except use these zombies
https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=319311.0

otherwise, it's more or less just using various player types to make interesting encounters since there isn't anything much you can change with bot ai
I'll think about this and try it out when I get home, looks interesting

I mean there's this

https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=301211.0
Same with this

Do these both work with Slayer?

I'm sitting on half of Simba's zombie gamemode which has pathfinding
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 11:10:54 PM by PhantOS »

So release it?

You mind sending it over if it works?

So release it?
it's not finished/working/I need Simba's permission

At this point in the game’s life there’s no point in keeping things private anymore. Posting it in modification board can give people something to play with or potentially get someone to work on it.

Saying you have it does nothing.

simba sucked my coc ki think hes ok with it

At this point in the game’s life there’s no point in keeping things private anymore. Posting it in modification board can give people something to play with or potentially get someone to work on it.

Saying you have it does nothing.
I would finish it on commision

which you probably are not going to get so you should post it

So you’ll point out you have it, say it’s not complete and not yours to give, but then will complete it yourself for money?

simbas still active now and then, if i see him ill ask if he plans to do anything with it

that said, it likely isnt going to be usable for anyone. its only good cause it does a lot more complex path finding, but that requires noding a map in a certain way. on top of that the way its designed, the zombies kill in two hits and are super tanky (aka the code isnt balanced or easily adjustable to balance), dont jump, and due to the complex pathfinding cant support more than 20 or 30 bots without causing issues iirc