Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker trailer

Author Topic: Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker trailer  (Read 2605 times)

wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

how many gyroscopically stable beeping robots are we going to get before we just get a loving sentient stone age wheel

wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

they deadass made the pixar lamp riding a unicycle into a character

I think that there is a 90% chance that Disney learned from TLJ, and that this one will be better than TLJ.

I think that there is a 90% chance that Disney learned from TLJ, and that this one will be better than TLJ.

I disagree completely, especially about Disney learning anything

but I do think you'd have to try really hard to be worse than TLJ

I disagree completely, especially about Disney learning anything

but I do think you'd have to try really hard to be worse than TLJ
TLJ was widely panned by the fans AND cost Disney money because most fans boycotted that film.
It was like a slap across the face for Disney, and if Disney is smart (Which it probably is) it must have learned something from this.

this is by jj abrams so it should be better

this is by jj abrams so it should be better
More questions will be asked but not answered
Cool over the top epic shots covered by a loving lens flare
Cringy humor that should be in marvel films but not Star Wars
Lots of call backs to previous series lines
Fan Pandering
Lods emone

it'll probably reinvigorate the average star wars interested person.
But the fans will probably get pissed and move on.

As a general movie person I say, leave what's dead dead. This is the mistake George made with the special editions and it's the mistake Disney has made with their complete rewrite of the star wars EU and absolute destruction of the TV and Movie series. Hell they couldn't even be bothered to forget up the video game franchises so they passed that off to a professional broken condom company.

More questions will be asked but not answered
TFA was the first movie in a triology of movies, so when it set up questions, TLJ was supposed to anwser them. But instead of anwsered questions we got stuff.

Quote from: Master Matthew² link=topic=322946.msg9978584#msg9978584 date=1555164730
Cool over the top epic shots covered by a loving lens flare
I don't remember TFA having any lens flares, aside from that scene with the deathstar.

Quote from: Master Matthew² link=topic=322946.msg9978584#msg9978584 date=1555164730
Cringy humor that should be in marvel films but not Star Wars
Lots of call backs to previous series lines
Ok, you can have those points.

Fan Pandering
Every movie based of a popular franchise or a classic franchise has Fan Pandering.

Lods emone
Its a move made by a large company in Hollywood. Making loadsamoney is the goal of every company. Would you rather like to watch aritistic indie films ? I would personally reccomend you then to watch what Walla wants, its a documetnary movie about a palestinian girl in Israel.

it'll probably reinvigorate the average star wars interested person.
But the fans will probably get pissed and move on.
Don't get your hopes... Down ? Its just a teaser trailer, for all you know the film might, subvert your expectations.

As a general movie person I say, leave what's dead dead.
Disney tried to breathe new life into star wars and also tried to get some money from it. Face it, the original star wars fans won't live forever and as time goes on the original triology will loose its magic with the new generations. It will become something like Bethoveen's music in a way, for its time a magical thing, but in the future, hell even now, it might be just a relic of the past. What Disney does is trying to retell or show the magic of star wars to the newer generations, in a new way so that someday they might also be so passionate about star wars. And also to get some money but you get what I mean.

Also the EU was about 90% bad fan fiction stuff noone cared about. Come on, you can't tell me that the Emperor having clones of himself and convincing Luke to join his side doesn't sound like a fanfiction.

I bet palpatine is just gonna die again

Disney tried to breathe new life into star wars and also tried to get some money from it. Face it, the original star wars fans won't live forever and as time goes on the original triology will loose its magic with the new generations. It will become something like Bethoveen's music in a way, for its time a magical thing, but in the future, hell even now, it might be just a relic of the past. What Disney does is trying to retell or show the magic of star wars to the newer generations, in a new way so that someday they might also be so passionate about star wars. And also to get some money but you get what I mean.

Also the EU was about 90% bad fan fiction stuff noone cared about. Come on, you can't tell me that the Emperor having clones of himself and convincing Luke to join his side doesn't sound like a fanfiction.
Star wars was basically a fanfiction that better directors edited to be a good movie and george went "Oh yeah, thats good, except I wanna do it"
And then Pod Racing.

Yes, Star Wars is like beethoven.
But I don't forgetin see the RIAA making Beethoven HD Remaster or Beethoven's 555th Symphony and they just start jamming down in trap music and dubstep versions of his classic pieces.

DUN DUN DUN SKRRRRRRRRREEEET VADUNAADA *IT'S THE DREEEEEAM!~*

Star wars was basically a fanfiction that better directors edited to be a good movie and george went "Oh yeah, thats good, except I wanna do it"
And then Pod Racing.

Yes, Star Wars is like beethoven.
But I don't forgetin see the RIAA making Beethoven HD Remaster or Beethoven's 555th Symphony and they just start jamming down in trap music and dubstep versions of his classic pieces.

DUN DUN DUN SKRRRRRRRRREEEET VADUNAADA *IT'S THE DREEEEEAM!~*
You do hear Beethoven HD Remasters every time some orchestra plays his music.

Also https://youtu.be/dBb060OPegg?t=61