Author Topic: My dog has passed away..  (Read 1633 times)

It's never easy losing something or someone you love dearly. God, I honestly don't know what else to say except that you have my condolences.

sorry to hear filipe

We had 2 dogs (1 now) because we had a Scottish Terrier called Archie who died on Christmas Eve, he started breathing really weirdly all of a sudden with no signs of illness before this, we got him an emergency visit to the vets and we were told that he just had caught a virus which several other dogs at the time also had in our area, we were given medication to give to him which would supposedly make him better within a week. We were all sat around the dog as we gave him his medication wrapped in a piece of ham and within 5 minutes of him taking the pill he had died, I had my hand on the dog trying to find his pulse and I felt the last pulse until it had stopped beating. I've probably not cried that much in my entire life since I haven't lost any close family yet but it was still tragic when it happened
Best thing I found was to just look at photos of him when he was a puppy and try to remember why we loved him, it makes you sad thinking about them but like Dr. Seuss said: "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened"