If you like censorship and you know it clap your hands!

Poll

Do you hate and denounce censorship?

Yes
13 (26.5%)
No, because I hate free speech.
3 (6.1%)
No, because I'm Antifa
7 (14.3%)
No, because I'm a Communist
9 (18.4%)
No, because Imma go take a stuff on my cousin's car SO forget YOU!
3 (6.1%)
Well no, but actually yes.
5 (10.2%)
Well yes, but actually no.
4 (8.2%)
What's going on? woah, WOAH!
5 (10.2%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Author Topic: If you like censorship and you know it clap your hands!  (Read 4069 times)

because breaking a TOS is the same as literally lying about news and arguing in bad faith just to stir stuff up?
Except that's bullstuff. Any news you or more to the point these corporate entities don't like is labeled "Fake News". Even though it loving isn't.
That's misdirection and flat out slander.

what the forget kind of argument is this? these are two completely different things?
Except their not, the only difference is which position the "bully" holds. And in the current case, the "Bully" has the ability to Deplatform individuals and even get other companies to de-person these individuals by removing their means of gaining credit cards and by extension general credit.

what you just said is equivalent to:
ike: "i dont want people to start murdering random people in the street they should be jailed"
matt: "YOU MEAN LIKE THE MILITARY? TALK ABOUT PROJECTION"

they are two completely separate instances of a bad thing yet for some reason you equate them??
This, this particular bullstuff reference makes no sense at all. Because their is no actual connection between your two strawmen positions. Psst, watch them turn this around to be like "sO yOu AdMiT yOuR cOmPaRiSoN iS Bs!" even though one is actually my comparison and one is their bullstuff comparison with made up terms. This is intellectually dishonest misdirection tactics to make you believe I said this, I didn't. this is propaganda.

1984 is what you read if ur depressed and paranoid and want confirmation that life is meaningless

its well written but jesus its so depressing and bleak, could have portrayed that just as well without being so negative. i vastly prefer aldous huxley’s brave new world, which more accurately portrays the potential end of modern society now that we really are living in an age of mass media and bottomless content
"I don't wanna read books that make me feel sayad :("

Ffs, Just because something is sad or has a negative tone doesn't make it bad.

i never said it was bad? wtf ru projecting here? i literally just said it was well written but pointlessly depressing.

and its not like you actually have any stance on classic literature. whens the last time youve read a book?

i never said it was bad? wtf ru projecting here? i literally just said it was well written but pointlessly depressing.

i can dislike something while thinking its high quality/very good. apparently that concept is foreign to you. not even sure how you think i was trying to “gotcha” you - i wasnt even talking to you in the original post.

i still remember when you were reasonable enough to talk to a few years ago. its really sad you’ve devolved into this.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 09:06:15 PM by Conan »

1984 is what you read if ur depressed and paranoid and want confirmation that life is meaningless

I agree it's super depressing but so is fightclub, is that just a movie for depressed mental people who want to "bring down the system"?

It just seems like a little bit of generalization. Although I may be biased because it was one of my favorite books as a kid... and I was depressed, oh.

Edit1: capitalization. ok I can get unreasonable pretty quick when anything even minorly unflattering is said about something I like, I don't know why but I take it personally. it's a pretty bad character flaw that I struggle with.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2019, 09:16:20 PM by Black and White »

Except that's bullstuff. Any news you or more to the point these corporate entities don't like is labeled "Fake News". Even though it loving isn't.
That's misdirection and flat out slander.
Except their not, the only difference is which position the "bully" holds. And in the current case, the "Bully" has the ability to Deplatform individuals and even get other companies to de-person these individuals by removing their means of gaining credit cards and by extension general credit.
This, this particular bullstuff reference makes no sense at all. Because their is no actual connection between your two strawmen positions. Psst, watch them turn this around to be like "sO yOu AdMiT yOuR cOmPaRiSoN iS Bs!" even though one is actually my comparison and one is their bullstuff comparison with made up terms. This is intellectually dishonest misdirection tactics to make you believe I said this, I didn't. this is propaganda.

"I don't wanna read books that make me feel sayad :("

Ffs, Just because something is sad or has a negative tone doesn't make it bad.
again, mm cant parse actual words so literally everything i say passes above his head and all he has to say about it is "misdirection" and "dishonest tactics" when i clearly make my case to relate the two things in the most succinct way possible.
incredible

also you can say "my news is credible" all you want but i've disproved a lot of things you post many times, yet you flat out ignore me an let threads die

i'm never responding to you again

It's funny because if he gave a stuff about censorship he wouldn't try to ruin discourse with bad faith arguments, he's just here to stir the stuff pot like the drama whore he is

also he literally dodged my point about him literally not understanding what "Literature" meant

as soon as you bring up something he cant just respond with "slander" or some mindless bullstuff about muh freeze peach he pivots the conversation and starts talking about useless semantics to no end until the thread dies then repeats

I agree it's super depressing but so is fightclub, is that just a movie for depressed mental people who want to "bring down the system"?

It just seems like a little bit of generalization. Although I may be biased because it was one of my favorite books as a kid... and I was depressed, oh.

Edit1: capitalization. ok I can get unreasonable pretty quick when anything even minorly unflattering is said about something I like, I don't know why but I take it personally. it's a pretty bad character flaw that I struggle with.
i get it, i think its an incredible book and definitely deserves its place in history and classic lit. depressing stories have their place in society. i just feel like he could have done something more impactful - having read animal farm, which he wrote before 1984, 1984 feels like the same thing except jacked up to 11. he could have taken things a different direction imo and made it feel more distinct and portray a way for members under a government becoming totalitarian and oppressive to prevent its outcome. or at least end on a more hopeful or thought-provoking note like how animal farm did.

Yea I kept hoping it would have a goodish ending, I just like to think as bleak as it was that anything could happen after the book ends.

news: master matthew brain blast mindforgets block people

i want free speech so i can freely stuff on op's free speech

You know for once i actually agree with master matthew. All i want to do is distribute child research on the internet, and yet the government keeps CENSORING it like the absolute bastards they are. That prick OBAMA won't even let me make a gab account

this is gonna show up in a backround search one day