Tarkov loving sucks

Author Topic: Tarkov loving sucks  (Read 5508 times)

brothers will run a c79 but no smoke grenades and complain about sinjar's balance

u havent played insurgency for real if u havent died to a rocket or grenade 3 seconds after respawning 5 times in a row

u havent played insurgency for real if u havent died to a rocket or grenade 3 seconds after respawning 5 times in a row
truth. my favorite is actually being mowed down from across the map by a guy with a shotgun consecutively.

insurgency gave me ptsd

an entire mag of stuff 5.45 ammo on gen4 armor would break your ribs not kill you

also the game is still beta and ammo is getting balanced constantly. armor matters more than you think
Breaking ribs is a sure way to cause internal bleeding, which will infact kill you

Breaking ribs is a sure way to cause internal bleeding, which will infact kill you
damn it sure is loving fun when i die of internal bleeding in bideo game

Insurgency is great and one of my fav shooters at the moment but I really like the weapon customization and looter shooter aspect of Tarkov. I can't think of any games that mix these two together really well.

Tarkov does have some of the best gun autism in the entire industry. Things like dual-render scopes and backup optics are painfully overlooked in shooters. Would love to see that kind of fidelity and attention to detail in a grounded shooter like Insurgency.

I can't think of any games that mix these two together really well.

Because it's extremely difficult to pull off, for the same reason this thread was made. The truth is that in Insurgency there's not much differences between guns in the same class. Insurgency only has two types of armor, and it matters so little one team gets free light armor. Once you've got one assault rifle, you've pretty much got all assault rifles. It'd be a pretty boring looter game if there were 20 assault rifles and 10 types of armor that all functioned the exact same way with negligible contextual differences, as you'd expect to find in real life.

I think the problem here is there can never really be a perfect fusion of looter and grounded shooters because the whole thing is built on a compromise between realism and valuable loot. I've seen people go 31-? in Insurgency making a point to only use the Makarov and no armor, because it's made possible by the damage model. Now imagine if you actually had to grind in-game currency to buy armor and weapons in Insurgency lmfao, nobody would do it
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 05:52:48 PM by Naruto Uzumaki »

just to clarify: wtf is dual render scope? i cant seem to find an article talking exactly what makes it different compared to standard scope rendering (is original insurgency considered standard?)

just to clarify: wtf is dual render scope? i cant seem to find an article talking exactly what makes it different compared to standard scope rendering (is original insurgency considered standard?)
its a render texture inside the scope that has a higher fov than the outside. its called dual render because rather than solo render where the outside of the scope is blurred out and it just uses the main camera with a higher fov, dual render uses a second camera and writes what it sees onto a texture inside the scope. so you can see the contrast between the fov outside the scope and the fov inside the scope.

i think its a missed opportunity for an intentionally restricted field of view on snipers

Dual render refers to the effect that some games have where the screen space inside of the scope is zoomed in but the rest of the screen isn't. In most cases this is achieved by rendering the screen twice, hence dual render

Insurgency

Red Orchestra 2

Unturned

Tarkov

An example of this effect done stufftily would be Call of Duty: Ghosts. You actually find these a lot in Source mods because it's easy to do in Source. Hunt Down the Freeman has (bad) DR scopes. It's a really awesome effect that makes sniping more immersive, challenging and satisfying.

Compare that to Squad's ACOG.

Dual render scopes are apparently difficult to optimize, which is why Squad doesn't have them and they can be turned off in Insurgency Sandstorm
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 01:17:50 AM by Naruto Uzumaki »

so any game that doesnt have zoom optics is not dual render? or games that have zoomed optics take up the whole screen when scoping? that makes sense i guess - i didnt realize it was that rare cause the only shooter i play regularly is insurgency

so any game that doesnt have zoom optics is not dual render? or games that have zoomed optics take up the whole screen when scoping? that makes sense i guess - i didnt realize it was that rare cause the only shooter i play regularly is insurgency

Yeah just games that only zoom the part of the screen inside the scope when scoped in. Insurgency was kinda ahead of the curve with it lol

insurgency’s is actually pretty insane now that i think about it. the picture on the scope when not ads changes based on the way the gun is facing, esp noticeable when using bipod and turning your gun to face sideways. ive used that before to “peek” around corners.

honestly surprised its not standard in modern shooters. squad is understandable as its a vr game and needs very high optimization to be playable in vr. anything else though really doesnt have much of an excuse

damn it sure is loving fun when i die of internal bleeding in bideo game
Not saying you should, just saying realistically you could. In all reality one 7.62 shot, regardless of what sort of bullet proof vest you're wearing, would shatter your ribs and put you down for the count, at least after the adrenaline wears off.

Realistic shooters in general do not appeal for me. Dying in one hit never feels good.