Is the economy going to crash? I think so.

Author Topic: Is the economy going to crash? I think so.  (Read 1904 times)

The economy is going to crash regardless and it's not minimum wage that is solely responsible.

Minimum wage was enacted to be the bare minimum amount of money to live off of. So it's doing as it was intended to do.

back in the 1920s minimum wage can feed a family of 4 in a house, now it can't even feed a family of 1 in a stuffty apartment.

So obviously minimum wage needs to increase, but why?

Welp landlords are getting incredibly greedy these days so they keep raising rent prices.

Our taxes keep going up for no reason.

Food prices are going up and states are even trying to put increased taxes on sugar products.

So it's quite clear minimum isn't enough to live off of.

And then you have people who are like "I make 15 an hour for hard work in a warehouse 3rd shift. Its gonna be a slap in the face if they dont up the pay and i get minimum wage as a result"

So first of all, who cares, right? You were fine with making 15 dollars an hour until minimum wage was raised to 15 and now all of a sudden making 15 dollars an hour is an issue. It was never about the money you just wanted bragging rights.

So now people who use to make more than minimum now need to raised to about 20 - 25 dollars an hour.

Which means not only are jobs not going to be able to afford paying people 15 - 25 dollars an hour.

But this means eventually landlords are going to raise rent again to match the new income being generated to people and food prices are going to go up again.

tl;dr economy is forgeted.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 05:22:54 PM by King Tøny »

Obviously it's going to crash, on a long enough timeline the chance of an economic crash is inevitable.

fr what the forget can I eat for 50 cents thats filling

It was never about the money you just wanted bragging rights.

I can see your line of thinking but you're wrong, everything is always about the money.

tony low-key woke af

i find it funny how tony thinks this is the reason its gonna crash and totally not the trade war thats gonna start with china

I can see your line of thinking but you're wrong, everything is always about the money.

K it's about the money and bragging rights.

i find it funny how tony thinks this is the reason its gonna crash and totally not the trade war thats gonna start with china

The economy is going to crash regardless and it's not minimum wage that is solely responsible.

I haven't covered literally everything.

Once that trade war hits those cheap chinese goods are gonna start costing more than pennies to make.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 06:31:07 PM by King Tøny »

you literally made the argument against late stage capitalism

congratulations, you're a tankie

fr what the forget can I eat for 50 cents thats filling
the coins

ah yes and people heralded Annoying Orange as a businessman who would save the economy? or was responsible for its growth? and yet is also directly responsible for the trade war

every 10 years just to be sure
for the record baby!

you literally made the argument against late stage capitalism

congratulations, you're a tankie
this is not what tankie means